Skincare is usually the most fundamental part of the daily grooming regime for many people. The condition of your skin depends a lot on not just what you put on the surface, but also what you take in the form of food or nutrients. A radiant complexion is usually the utopia for everybody and very few are blessed with it. The rest must contend with various issues. Acne is one of the most common problems. Not only does it affect the properties of your skin cells, but it also affects your confidence level to a certain extent.
For this reason, we bring you a definitive list of the best acne products you can get your hands on. Sure there are home recipes and wellness tips that you can try any time with homemade recipes, but some acne products are the cure-all for all your woes and can fix your problems without any hassles of application and maintenance.
To begin with, let’s look at the different kinds of skin tones and what you can do to avoid acne:
How to Identify Your Skin Type?
It’s very simple to identify your skin type because, literally, it can be seen on your face. Most people, however, still use products that do not go with the quality of their skin at all. This is because even though they have identified their skin tone, they continue to take the wrong kind of measures to take care of their skin. Let’s look at the different ways your skin tone can alter the ways you can take care of your skin:
Here's A Relevant Video from YouTube
Oily skin is a bane for most people, especially those who live in tropical climatic conditions. Not only does it open up pores for more dirt to be sucked in, but it also makes caring for it that much more difficult. Oily skin is usually the harbinger of skin conditions such as acne, precisely for this reason. Since it becomes a hotbed for all the dirt and grime, not only does it act up the pores and causes acne, but it also affects your complexion. It also gives rise to other problems such as blackheads and blemishes, along with an extremely prominent patch of open pores.
Dry skin is an equally annoying skin quality that requires you to keep your skin constantly hydrated and moisturized. Having a dry skin doesn’t necessarily mean that your pores won’t be visible. Apart from that, the condition also leads to a dullness of complexion because of the rough texture of the skin. The slightest abrasion can also lead to red patch marks. This type of skin is so dehydrated that it is rendered tight and therefore less elastic. This leads to early signs of wrinkles and lines on the skin, along with a tendency to crack or get irritated or inflamed. It speeds aging and dry weather such as harsh winters can deteriorate it even further.
It’s not easy to have a combination skin precisely because the products that suit your dry zones will react adversely on your oily spots and vice versa. A combination skin is when you have the typical T-zone, which comprises your forehead, nose and chin. This often means that you have the worst of the two skin conditions — oily and dry. The enlarged pores apply here again, as does dullness of the skin and a greasy countenance.
If you’ve grown up with a sensitive skin, then you’re in for a ride. It means that you will need a lot of trials and errors to figure out what finally suits your skin. The wrong kind of product will lead to acne, yes, along with issues such as redness, burning sensation, a lot of dryness and itching. You need to identify your triggers from certain products and learn to avoid them. Even though the reason for this skin type can be genetic, most of the adverse effects can happen as a reaction to a skin product.
The Golden Rules of Skincare
For your perfect skincare routine, you need to follow certain golden rules. By and large, these rules apply to everybody, although it’s not mandatory for all to adhere to this process. However, like everything else, there are some basic principles that can make skincare an easy process to follow:
Sunscreen is the holy grail for all skin tones. The UV rays are an extremely damaging component in our immediate surroundings, apart from the dust and the grime of pollution. However, nothing can be as harmful as the direct exposure to the sun. A sunscreen with a minimum SPF 15 is mandatory for any form of protection. Those with extremely oily skin can use specially medicated sunscreens that you can find at the over-the-counter chemist shops. You can also layer up by covering your skin as much as possible whenever outside, along with staying under a shade.
Indulge in Healthy Foods
Beauty is not skin deep and we know that because what you eat has a major impact on your skin. A healthy diet can not only make skincare an easy process, but it can actually add on to the glow and detoxification of the skin. Drinking lots of water is also a part of this regime.
Avoid Toxic Habits
This would mean that you should stay away from smoking, alcohol (if you can help it!) and, most importantly, stress. All these are silent killers, and they will affect your skin first. While smoking dehydrates your skin and damages the collagen and elasticity, stress leads to breakouts and other skin ailments. Daily exercises, meditation and sufficient sleep is a key to a healthy skin.
Take Note of These Skin Product Ingredients
While skin products can be an extremely helpful solution to acne, there are certain agents in acne products that can be extremely helpful in fighting your breakouts according to the intensity of the situation. From lotions to gels to leave-on creams to other forms of treatments, these ingredients will help you decide which product suits your acne problem better:
One of the go-to treatments for acne issues is a solution called benzoyl peroxide that dries up the surface of your skin, clogs pores and removes dead skin. It is highly antibacterial and is found in skin creams and lotions in varying degrees, from 2.5 to 10%.
This is another chemical that dries up the skin and helps rid the skin of excessive oil, leading to a reduction of acne. Not known for its odor, sulfur is found in combination with other ingredients such as benzoyl peroxide and is known for its drying agent.
Alpha Hydroxy Acids
This form of acid is usually found in acne solutions that are not found in any prescriptive products. They lead to the drying up of skin and help with the reduction of inflammation on the skin caused by breakouts. It also helps in the reduction of pores and improves the overall look of the face.
Five Best Acne Products - Comparison Table
- Reviews of Top Five Acne Products -
Once identifying your skin tone and acknowledging the different ways to take care of it is done, we can now move on to our definitive solution to your skincare needs. Below is a list of five products meant for different skin tones that you can use to improve not just the breakouts but an overall improvement:
Shea Terra Organics Rosehip Black Soap Deep-Pore Face Wash
If you’re looking for organic solutions, then the Shea Terra Organics’ face wash is the way to your pores and subsequently your heart. The focus of the company is to promote natural beauty and, in the process, derives from the many unique sources of nature in order to meet the demands and subtleties of your skin’s needs.
- Skin Cleansing and Clarifying: This soap helps get rid of acne and unsightly blemishes. It clears skin from pathogen-borne conditions and works to dissolve sebum that holds onto dead skin, leaving face with a firmer, youthful glow.
- Cell Regenerating Rose Hips: Organic Rosehip seed oil and crushed rosehip fruit is revered for its cell regenerative properties to address skin problems of all age groups from acne-ridden teens to aging men and women.
- Pure Authentic African Black Soap: No dyes or activated charcoal, only real and raw African black soap made from the ashes of plantain peels, cocoa pods, camwood and palm kernels roasted in clay ovens.
- Refines and Evens Skin Tone: African Black soap helps firm and refine skin by breaking down layers of dead skin and pigmentation to unveil smooth, rejuvenated, youthful, wrinkle-free, even-toned skin beneath.
- No Nasties: Our products are free of parabens, SLS, sulfates, phthalates, alcohol, propylene glycol, mineral oil, petroleum, recycled water, and synthetic fragrance & dyes; we practice fair trade and our products are cruelty-free and conflict-free.
Garnier Pure Active Anti-Acne White Aloe & Oil Cleaning Scrub
Exfoliation is a key part of your skin regime. However, if you have an acne-prone skin, then this cleansing process can not only scrape off the natural oils but also render the pores open for more bacteria and dust to settle in. However, Garnier’s Pure Active Anti-Acne White Aloe & Oil Cleaning Scrub settles the debate of using exfoliating scrubs on acne-prone skin.
- Salicylic Acid to fight acne and tighten pores
- Reduces oily skin, pimples, whiteheads, dirt, enlarged pores, and irregular skin-texture
Biotique Bio Winter Green Spot Correcting Anti-Acne Cream
Biotique has long been in the business of correcting various issues related to the skin and it is no wonder that all their products have done really well. Their Bio Winter Green Spot Correcting Anti-Acne Cream is one of their many specialized solutions that focuses on one problem at a time. Let’s look at its various properties.
- Formulated with herbal extracts of Winter Green, this soothing spot correcting cream helps clear up blemishes and promote poreless, flawless skin
- It does not leave your skin dry or stretched and also avoids flakiness.
Annmarie Aloe Herb Cleanser
A cleanser is one of the most significant parts of your cleansing process since it removes all the facial bacteria and ensures that all the artificial creams and lotions are off the skin’s surface too. It has pH-balancing properties that are combined with the healing components of aloe vera.
- Balanced Cleanse For All Skin Types - Is your cleanser balanced enough to handle your oily days, sensitive days, and dry days? Balanced skin relies on balanced formulas. An overall cleanser should cleanse without stripping, moisturize without leaving a residue, and leave your skin in perfect harmony.*
- Gentle, Soothing, Ph Balancing - Cleanse and lift excess oil with this pH-balanced, aloe vera-based cream cleanser. Infused with herbs and a light blend of natural oils containing essential fatty acids to keep your skin naturally hydrated. Gently removes makeup and impurities without drying or leaving any residue. Leaves your skin feeling nourished, soft and beautiful.*
- Better Ingredients, Better Results - Paraben free. Alcohol free. Transparent labeling and 100% honesty. No artificial colors, scents, or GMO-sourced ingredients. Handcrafted in small batches. We research, curate, infuse, and combine our carefully sourced ingredients to create the most effective skin care possible.*
- Your Daily Ritual - Use in the morning and at night. Apply to damp skin, massage into face, and rinse. For deeper exfoliation, use with face brush.*
- Organic & Wildcrafted - Annmarie Skin Care products are naturally formulated, with organically grown and wildcrafted ingredients. We work with small farmers and innovative chemists to offer you the most potent, handcrafted botanical products available. Our products are sustainably packaged, cruelty-free, and made in the U.S.A.
Bioaqua Blackhead Remover Mask
Charcoal has, for now, taken over the public imagination as the one-stop-shop for all things skin related. It’s the latest sensation in terms of skin care and its properties have been known to rid the skin of all forms of impurities such as whiteheads and bacteria. The Bioaqua Blackhead Remover Mask is one such agent of skincare. Let’s look at what it has to offer.
- Easy removal of black spots for your beauty! Deeply cleanses skin. Cleans pores. Affects gently.
- Get rid of the imperfections on your beautiful face! Can also help to get rid of blackheads.
- Before using the mask, apply a hot towel for 2-3 minutes to face to help pores to open up.
- It is recommended to use serum for pores reducing after the procedure.
- Apply the mask evenly on nose, forehead, chin and cheeks. Avoid areas around eyes, lips and eyebrows.
Every skin is different, but how you take care of it is very important. We must endeavor towards finding the right solutions, for only that will lead to the right results. It’s easy to get frustrated but it’s important that no skin is perfect and its well-being is entirely in your hands. For everything else, there are the specialized products created to make your trials less harsh and more fruitful.
Last update on 2021-03-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API