Benzoyl peroxide face washes have one primary function: to fight small to moderate cases of acne. Since acne is such a prevalent skin condition among teens as well as adults, there are numerous such products available online. So, which among these is the best benzoyl peroxide face wash for you? If you want an answer to this question, just check our shortlist below. All the brands we’ve selected here are top sellers, and have high ratings and positive user reviews.
10. AcneFree Oil-Free Acne Cleanser
- Treat and prevent breakouts with this medicated cleanser containing 2.5 percent benzoyl peroxide; Suitable for even severe acne and body acne
- Clears and prevents breakouts including pimple, cystic acne, blackheads, and whiteheads
- Dermatologist recommended advanced micronized benzoyl peroxide penetrates deep inside the pores to cleanse and remove acne causing bacteria
- Treat + care with micronized benzoyl peroxide that penetrate deeply to clean pores along with ceramides that care for the skin
- Use 2XS per day am/pm : Give your skin a boost in the morning and a fresh deep clean at night; to ensure the cleanser has time to work effectively, use the daily acne wash for at least 5 minutes with each use
This is a medicated cleanser designed to combat even the most severe acne breakouts on your face. It can be used on other parts of your body as well. This cleanser contains 2.5% benzoyl peroxide, which is a very mild solution. The product also works on blackheads, whiteheads, and pimples, removing all three skin problems with consummate ease. Despite containing peroxide, it doesn’t cause any excessive dryness, which is a common symptom associated with the substance. This gentle pore cleanser also removes clogging dirt, and any excess oils and sebum on your skin.
9. PanOxyl 4 Acne Creamy Wash
- CREAMY FORMULA – PanOxyl's Creamy Acne Wash is formulated with 4% benzoyl peroxide. Benzoyl peroxide reduces the amount of acne-causing bacteria, helping combat blemishes and unsightly marks.
- FOR SENSITIVE SKIN - This is a great place to start if you have slightly sensitive skin and/or mild to moderate acne like whiteheads or blackheads. For some people, 4% benzoyl peroxide is all they ever need.
- CLEANS PORES – The creamy wash penetrates and cleans pores on your face, chest, and back. It is pH-balanced, with 3 humectants and 4 emollients to increase hydration.
- CLEAR SKIN – PanOxyl helps clear existing acne blemishes and prevent new blemishes from forming by removing dirt and oils from your skin.
- REMOVE DEAD SKIN CELLS – This creamy wash promotes exfoliation of dead skin cells, making way for bright and fresh skin.
This is a slightly stronger face wash, with a more potent concentration of benzoyl peroxide. This might be the best benzoyl peroxide face wash for people with moderately sensitive skin and acne, as it contains a 4% solution of the active ingredient. The PanOxyl 4 creamy wash is exceptionally fast-acting, and can clear up the worst of breakouts in a matter of days. This is an excellent option for teens as well as adults. Just take into account the fact that it has a slightly stronger concentration of peroxide, which might make it unsuitable for extremely sensitive skin types. You can buy this creamy wash in packs of three tubes.
8. Oxy Acne Medication Face Wash
- Soothes irritation.
- Leaves skin feeling fresh.
- Healthy-looking skin.
If you thought 4% was too much, think again, because there is a product with a massive 10% concentration of benzoyl peroxide in its formula. Oxy Acne is a maximum strength benzoyl face wash. This means that it has the highest level of this active ingredient out there. The face wash will kill all the nasty bacteria, while simultaneously cleaning your skin and unclogging all the pores. It has a creamy, rich lather, which leaves your face feeling fresh and rejuvenated. This product is also completely devoid of oil, which is a great thing. It has a dedicated smartphone app to help regulate your skincare regimen, provide timely alerts, and help you fight acne.
7. Beauty Facial Extreme Benzoyl Peroxide 10% Severe Acne Cleanser
- Extra Strength, clinically proven, non irritating acne treatment, 10% Micronized Benzoyl Peroxide wash for face & body. Penetrates deep within the pores and fights acne bacteria on contact to clear skin and prevent future breakouts from acne, pimples, blackheads, whiteheads, zits, and bumps.
- Removes dirt and cellular debris by reducing excess oil. For acne prone and oily skin. Does not over dry or cause redness and irritation.
- Reduces the occurrence of clogged pores. Helps to prevent breakouts before they start. Absorbs into your skin & pores for immediate results.
- Highly effective and safe for all skin types for men, women, teens, and even sensitive skin. Paraben and Fragrance-free. Gets to the root of the problem, stopping the bacteria in its tracks instantly. Leaving your skin glowing and oil free. Benzoyl Peroxide 10% Wash.
- Join thousands of satisfied customers who have discovered the exceptional value and quality of Beauty Facial Extreme’s skin care products. We invite you to visit our Amazon storefront and discover the beauty that awaits you. Beauty Facial Extreme's products work, and they work extremely well. We stand behind our products 100%, with a guarantee of significantly transforming your skin to achieve healthy and more vibrant skin. Order Now, 30 Day Money Back Guarantee.
This is another face wash armed with the highest allowed concentration of benzoyl peroxide. Ten percent is the maximum approved by the FDA for over-the-counter medication in the US. This product from Beauty Facial Extreme has a very effective method of action, with a formula that penetrates deep into the skin. It removes dirt and debris, and kills all the acne-causing bacteria. This cream can help prevent and cure breakouts of acne, whiteheads, blackheads, bumps, and zits. It leaves your skin clean, glowing, and acne-free.
6. Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser
- 5-ounces of Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser with benzoyl peroxide acne medication helps remove dirt and oil while also treating and preventing breakouts
- Contains 10% benzoyl peroxide, the number-one pharmacist-recommended acne medication, with unique pore-penetrating technology that targets the source of blemishes
- Specially formulated for acne prone skin, its ideal for normal, oily and combination skin and provides continuous acne control for clearer looking skin
- Intended for daily use, the unique acne medication formula of this daily face wash keeps fighting breakouts long after you wash and works to prevent breakouts, and contains both mineral oil and menthol to help hydrate and calm skin
- To cleanse skin, wet face and massage acne face wash for 20-30 seconds while avoiding eye area, and then rinse thoroughly and gently pat dry
This face wash has a very long-lasting effect that continues to fight germs long after you have washed the lather from your face. It contains the maximum 10% concentration of benzoyl peroxide allowed by the FDA. Despite the high potency, this is a daily-use formula, thanks to the use of gentle cleansing agents. It has a unique, pore-penetrating formula that results in an intense cleansing and germicidal action on your skin.
5. Dr. Song Benzoyl Peroxide Wash 10% Acne Treatment
This is a significant, 8-ounce body and face wash product available in a convenient pump bottle. It should easily last you a month or two, even with regular use. The product contains medical-grade benzoyl peroxide, available in a potency of 10%. This is a dermatologically-tested product, manufactured in the United States. It includes zero parabens, and has undergone no cruel animal testing. The deep penetrating peroxide formula ensures speedy action on even the worst acne and whitehead outbreaks. It can clear up your face in a matter of days.
4. Neutrogena Rapid Clear Stubborn Acne Facial Cleanser
- 5-ounce tube of Neutrogena Stubborn Acne Facial Cleanser with maximum-strength 10% benzoyl peroxide formula to fight acne while helping to prevent future breakouts
- This acne-fighting face wash is proven to rapidly reduce redness and the size of stubborn acne in just 1 day, for clearer and healthier looking skin with continued use
- Its maximum strength formula contains 10% benzoyl peroxide, an acne medicine similar to salicylic acid and adapalene. Benzoyl peroxide is the acne medication dermatologists recommend most for clearer skin without a prescription.
- Our acne treatment facial cleanser is gentle enough for daily use in both the morning and at night. Begin with one daily application and then gradually increase to 2-3 times per day if needed or as directed by a doctor.
- The benzoyl peroxide face wash is clinically proven to help fight stubborn acne and help prevent future breakouts. Consider this product if you've liked facial cleansers from Proactiv, Clerasil, Biore, Mountain Falls, CeraVe, Cetaphil, Differin and AcneFree.
This is a medicinal facial cleanser available in a five-ounce tube. It can deliver clean and clear skin that does not have any visible acne within a day or two. This is a string and potent benzoyl peroxide cream, with a concentration of 10%. It can handle even the most stubborn cases of acne with ease. If you use this one a daily basis, it will prevent future bouts, and enhance your skin’s health and glow. This is one of the best benzoyl peroxide face wash products out there, for both teens and adults.
3. PanOxyl Benzoyl Peroxide 10% Wash
- Similar to PanOxyl 10%
- Formerly a prescription product
10% seems to be a very popular number among manufacturers of benzoyl-based acne products, including treatments and face washes. This is a very long-lasting face wash from PanOxyl. It has the added distinction of being a therapeutic-level formula, which required a prescription in the past. That is readily apparent due to the lack of any fancy logo or marketing designs on the bottle, which looks more like a bottle of prescription medication. This is a very strong benzoyl peroxide face wash that can handle severe cases of acne.
2. Humane Benzoyl Peroxide 10% Acne Treatment Body & Face Wash
- MAXIMUM-STRENGTH ACNE TREATMENT. Contains 10% benzoyl peroxide, a powerful acne medication proven to kill acne-causing bacteria, unclog pores and reduce inflammation.
- FACE AND BODY ACNE WASH. Non-foaming cleanser (SLS-free) absorbs quickly and can be used as a face acne treatment, body acne treatment, back acne treatment, butt acne treatment, cystic acne treatment, adult acne treatment and acne treatment for teens.
- DERMATOLOGIST-TESTED. This 10% benzoyl peroxide acne medication has been evaluated for safety at an independent laboratory.
- CLEAN, VEGAN AND CRUELTY-FREE. No parabens, no sulfates, no formaldehyde, no synthetic fragrance/color and no animal byproducts.
- WE STAND BEHIND OUR PRODUCTS. Email us for a refund. 100% satisfaction or your money back. No return necessary.
This is another maximum-strength, peroxide-based face wash not suitable for sensitive skin. The potent face wash can kill acne-causing bacteria with consummate ease. This is a non-foaming lotion-type product that is readily absorbed by the skin for maximum effect. It contains no parabens, SLS, fragrance, or any animal byproducts. It has a very high EWG rating, and is manufactured in an FDA-approved facility in the US.
1. Replenix Benzoyl Peroxide Wash
- Benzoyl Peroxide wash cleanses skin, helping to kill acne-causing bacteria and prevent future breakouts and blemishes from forming.
- Benzoyl Peroxide wash is a therapeutic, soap-free acne cleanser that effectively treats acne-prone skin without drying or irritation.
- Apply acne cleanser to wet skin and massage gently. Rinse clean with water. Use 1-2x daily.
The best benzoyl peroxide face wash on our list is a reliable product that doesn’t try to overload your face with a maximum dosage of the active ingredient. This face wash from Replenix contains only 5% benzoyl, which is more than enough to deal with most cases of acne, whiteheads, and blackheads. It has a very effective cleansing action, and can kill all the harmful bacteria on your face. This product is designed for normal and oily skin types, and it is a much safer option for sensitive skin types as well.
There is a widespread tendency among manufacturers to create maximum-potency benzoyl peroxide anti-acne products. This creates a perception that the best benzoyl peroxide face wash needs to have 10% of the substance to kill acne. This is a misconception, and in many cases, even a 2% solution can get the job done just as well. We hope you found our shortlist both informative and useful. Kindly consider sharing your thoughts on the best benzoyl peroxide face wash you’ve ever tested down below.
You Might Also Like: Best Face Washes That Feel Wonderful