Toothpaste is an essential part of your daily routine and choosing the best toothpaste can be challenging. Here is a complete review of the best toothpastes on the market.
Reviews of the 7 Best Toothpastes
Just being well dressed is not enough. For an overall attractive appearance, you need fresh breath and a great smile too. Well, you surely know the importance of brushing your teeth diligently and taking good care of them. Not only is the number of times you brush your teeth important, the toothpaste you use is important as well.
The toothpaste you use is important as it contains various ingredients that can tackle several of the oral health problems you may face. So, the toothpaste you use determines the condition and health of your teeth and gums, which is why you must use the highest quality and best brand of toothpaste.
While toothpastes are a basic necessity of our modern lifestyle, we generally take brushing our teeth for granted. And today, there are a plethora of brands and types available in the market with so many claims of preventing cavities, whitening teeth, gum care, etc. that the choice of the type and brand of toothpaste to buy can become a challenge. So, understanding some of the facts about toothpaste can ensure that you make an informed choice when buying a toothpaste for you and your family.
Things to Consider When Buying a Toothpaste
When buying a toothpaste for everyday use, you must ensure that your toothpaste has the following qualities:
Ability to Fight Tartar
The main function of toothpaste is to remove stains, bacteria and food from your teeth and this is essentially achieved by the abrasive agents present in the toothpaste such as silica and calcium carbonate. Your toothpaste should be able to prevent plaque and tartar but at the same time, it should not be too abrasive.
Protects the Enamel
The enamel is the thin layer that covers your teeth and keeps them healthy and also protects your teeth from sensitivity. Over time, the enamel gets eroded because of the acids in foods, medications, environmental factors and genetics. Since the body cannot regenerate the enamel, you should get a toothpaste that strengthens your enamel and also protects it from damage from acids.
While the FDA considers some ingredients contained in toothpastes such as triclosan and fluoride as being safe, many consumers do not prefer their toothpaste to contain these. However, for a toothpaste to get a Seal of Acceptance from the ADA (American Dental Association), a toothpaste must contain fluoride. You must also check for the presence of one more ingredient, sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS), as this can cause canker sores if are sensitive.
Consistency and Taste
A pleasant texture and freshness that lasts long are important factors to consider in a toothpaste. Even if the toothpaste is effective, if it has an unpleasant texture and taste, users may not like to use it.
Some Things You Should Know about a Toothpaste
- Always use a toothpaste containing fluoride, as it can help to prevent cavities and help in maintaining oral health.
- Always choose a toothpaste that has an ADA seal, as a toothpaste with an ADA seal has not only undergone the necessary lab and clinical studies, it is also proven to be safe and effective.
- Toothpaste with tartar control may help to prevent tartar but cannot remove the tartar which is already on the teeth. Also, some tartar control toothpaste may cause mouth irritation.
- Whitening toothpaste contain hydrogen peroxides which are considered to be safe by the ADA at certain levels. However, some experts feel that it can damage the tissue and irritate the gums.
- Sensitive toothpastes can help in cases where the tooth hypersensitivity is very mild, but you need to wait for at least 4-6 weeks before you are able to notice any results. The 2 ingredients usually effective in treating sensitivity are potassium nitrate and strontium chloride but these will work only for tooth pain caused due to receding gums and not due to cavities and other tooth problems. You can opt for a toothpaste containing 5% potassium nitrate for sensitive teeth.
- When using your toothpaste, make sure that you don’t use a lot of it. Just a pea-sized amount is sufficient.
Reviews of the Best Toothpaste
Colgate Total Whitening Toothpaste
You can buy the Colgate Total Whitening Toothpaste easily on Amazon.
- ADA Accepted (American Dental Association)
- Whitens teeth
- Helps prevent cavities, gingivitis, plaque
- Helps reverse gingivitis
- Includes one 7.8oz tube
The Colgate Total Whitening Toothpaste not only helps to remove the tartar or plaque on your teeth but also helps to remove the bacteria that is the main cause of tartar build up. The toothpaste also helps to strengthen the enamel of your teeth. Apart from all this, the Colgate Whitening toothpaste helps to remove all the yellow tint and stains from your teeth, keeping it white, bright, shiny and completely refreshed.
Tom’s of Maine Antiplaque and Whitening Toothpaste
You can buy the Tom’s of Maine Antiplaque and Whitening Toothpaste on Amazon.
- WHAT YOU'LL GET: Two 5.5-ounce tubes of Tom's of Maine Natural Fluoride-Free Antiplaque and Whitening Toothpaste in Peppermint Flavor
- FLUORIDE-FREE TOOTHPASTE: Fight tartar buildup with antiplaque formula
- WHITENS TEETH: Helps remove surface stains for a brighter, whiter smile
- NATURALLY DERIVED INGREDIENTS: Ingredients derived from nature to leave your mouth feeling fresh
- NATURAL & RESPONSIBLE: Contains no artificial sweeteners, preservatives, colors or flavors and is not tested on animals
Tom’s of Maine is a very popular brand that is renowned for its all-natural and environmentally-friendly toothpaste. The Antiplaque and Whitening Toothpaste from Tom’s of Maine offers dual action and not only keeps your teeth protected and healthy but white and bright too.
The toothpaste contains a small quantity of abrasive that is just sufficient to remove stains and plaque and keeps the enamel intact and healthy. The ingredients used in the toothpaste are completely natural which makes it good for you. The toothpaste’s formula ensures effective cleaning, strengthening and whitening of your teeth leaving them fresh and clean.
Crest Complete Whitening + Scope Toothpaste
- Includes three 5.4 oz cartons of Crest + Scope Complete Whitening Toothpaste
- Kills millions of bad breath germs in laboratory tests
- Fights cavities and tartar
- Gently removes surface stains for whiter teeth
- Strengthens enamel
You can buy the Crest Complete Whitening + Scope Toothpaste on Amazon.
Now you can get the best combination of the whitening power of Crest along with the freshness of Scope Outlast with the Crest Complete Whitening + Scope Toothpaste. The Scope Outlast helps to kill the bad-breath-causing germs and enables your fresh breath to last 5 times longer. The toothpaste claims to give you visibly white teeth after using just one tube.
Not only does it remove the stains from the surface and leave your teeth whiter and brighter, but also fights cavities, prevents the buildup of tartar, strengthens the enamel. The toothpaste has a cool peppermint flavor that leaves your breath fresh.
Sensodyne Pronamel Toothpaste
You can buy the Sensodyne Pronamel Toothpaste on Amazon.
No products found.
Sensodyne Pronamel Toothpaste is an ideal toothpaste for you if you have sensitive teeth and gums. It contains 5% potassium nitrate that helps to desensitize and protect the nerve fibers in the mouth. And, if you feel uncomfortable while eating cold or hot food or while brushing, the Sensodyne Pronamel Toothpaste gives you temporary relief.
The Sensodyne Pronamel Toothpaste has a strong peppermint flavor that will leave your mouth feeling extremely fresh. The RDA (relative dentin abrasivity) of Sensodyne Pronamel is 34 which is one of the lowest, so it does not damage your teeth. The toothpaste is also SLS-free and is very gentle on the mouth.
Crest Pro Health Original Clean Mint Toothpaste
You can buy the Crest Pro Health Toothpaste on Amazon.
- Smooth, foamy formula with a bold and invigorating flavor of clean mint
- Healthier gums by fighting plaque and gingivitis
- 8 advanced benefits in 1 toothpaste
- Stronger teeth by strengthening enamel
The Crest Pro Health Toothpaste is an excellent toothpaste with impressive qualities. The toothpaste claims to prevent gingivitis, plaque, bad breath, sensitivity and tooth decay apart from also whitening your teeth. And, the product has received an ADA Seal of Acceptance in all the 6 areas.
The efficacy of Crest Pro Health can be attributed to the content of stannous fluoride which not only protects against cavities but also has antibacterial properties that prevent plaque and gingivitis that are caused due to bacterial buildup in your mouth.
The toothpaste contains “ActivClean crystals” which helps to prevent tartar and staining. So, if you’re looking for a single toothpaste that has all the qualities, then the Crest Pro Health is definitely the one to consider.
Crest 3D White Brilliance, Fluoride Anticavity, Whitening Toothpaste
You can buy the Crest 3D White Brilliance Toothpaste on Amazon.
No products found.
The Crest 3D White Brilliance toothpaste gives you whitening and much more. The toothpaste contains an illuminating complex which micro-cleanses the teeth and removes the stains from the teeth’s surface, giving you white and bright teeth. The toothpaste produces foam which works on the surface and also the hard to reach and hidden areas in your mouth.
The 3D White Brilliance toothpaste from Crest not only whitens your teeth but also helps to prevent cavities. It also ensures that your enamel is protected. The Crest 3D toothpaste is an excellent combination of stain protection and tooth whitening.
Cali White Activated Charcoal & Organic Coconut Oil Whitening Toothpaste
You can buy the Cali White Activated Charcoal & Organic Coconut Oil Whitening Toothpaste on Amazon.
- "Nature's Answer To Teeth Whitening” We teamed up with Mother Nature to deliver a toothpaste with the most effective whitening and cleansing ingredients on earth. Powered by Activated Charcoal, Certified Organic Coconut Oil, and Baking Soda this chemical-free whitening wonder binds to stains and pulls plaque like a pro.
- Made in USA - Vegan - Cruelty-Free - Fluoride-Free - SLS-Free - Gluten-Free - Peroxide-Free - No Triclosan - No Parabens - Safe For Kids - Hydrogen Peroxide-Free PEROXIDE FREE
- Clinically Proven To Whiten Up To 7.7 Shades Whiter - Infused with the remineralizing properties of Diatomaceous Earth, Tea Tree Oil, Coconut Oil, Xylitol and Peppermint Oil. Packed with all the ingredients needed for a natural everyday toothpaste #MOMAPPROVED
- Zero Peroxide Sensitivity And No Mess! Our Pacific Mint flavor cures bad breath and will leave your mouth feeling fresh like a day at the beach. Naturally flavored with Xylitol and Peppermint Oil. Keep your sink clean with no need to use the messy powder version of charcoal (Active Carbon).
If you’re looking for a natural toothpaste that can whiten your teeth, then you can try the Cali White toothpaste that contains the most effective detoxifying and whitening agents. The toothpaste contains activated charcoal, baking soda and organic coconut oil which helps to keep your teeth white without any tooth sensitivity.
The toothpaste contains 100% natural ingredients which not only whiten your teeth but also keep your mouth fresh. The Cali White Activated Charcoal is an excellent toothpaste for stained teeth. And, the best part is that if you don’t like the product, you can get a complete refund of your money with their money-back guarantee.
Toothpastes today serve many functions — be it whitening, preventing cavities, fighting plaque and tartar of reducing sensitivity. Your toothpaste is the most important thing that is extremely essential in keeping your oral health in top form and so, it is vital that you choose your toothpaste very carefully.
Last update on 2021-06-15 at 04:29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API