That zone around your eyes can cause frequent headaches due to the many tiny creases and wrinkles that appear. When you apply eyeshadow there, these creases can ruin your look. This is why you need the best drugstore eyeshadow primer you can find. It can help smoothen the area around your eyes, and avoid caking and crusting when you apply eyeshadow. Our shortlist contains the best drugstore eyeshadow primers available online, chosen based on user reviews and ratings.
10. bareMinerals Stroke of Light Eye Brightener
- Packaging may vary
- Bare Minerals Cosmetics
- This item is not a tester
Do you suffer from oily skin, especially under your eyes? If so, this creamy primer from Etude House should be of some benefit to you. The soft, velvety texture of this primer lends itself to easy spreading and application on your skin. The job is made all the more easy by a fantastic doe foot applicator. This primer is very light, and doesn’t crease or cake on your skin. It is waterproof, and a fantastic option if you regularly work out. The primer is capable of keeping your eyeshadow in place until the end of the day.
9. LA Girl High Definition Eye Shadow Primer
- LA GIRL Pro Primer Eyeshadow Stick - White
This primer doesn’t have a specific color, which helps it stand out from a base. The LA Girl HD primer is clear, which creates an excellent canvas for your eyeshadow. If you prefer colorful eyeshadows, this white primer will provide the excellent base for that. It is quite capable of creating a smooth area around your eyelids, efficiently hiding all the lines, creases, and imperfections. The primer has a formula that enhances the pigments in an eyeshadow. It can keep the eyeshadow in place for an entire day.
8. Prestige Cosmetics Primed and Ready Eye Primer
- Prevents eye shadow from fading and creasing while enhancing color
- Enriched with chamomile and vitamin E
- Glides on easily to smooth the eyelid and fill-in fine lines
- Provides a more vibrant and lasting color
Does your eyeshadow keep fading, or worse, gets smudged or smeared all over the place? This is the best drugstore eyeshadow primer for you. The primer is enriched with Vitamin E and chamomile, which nourish the wrinkled zones around your eyes. Along with the ability to hide lines effectively, this primer also does a great job of making your eyeshadow seem brighter and more vibrant. It just glides along your skin with consummate ease, and it is an excellent concealer and holder, with soothing anti-oxidant powers.
7. e.l.f. Smooth Matte Eyeshadow Blushing Rose
- e.l.f. Cosmetics Beautifully Bare Smooth Matte Eyeshadow, Blushing Rose 93013C
This is an excellent eye primer from Mary Kay, for girls with normal to sensitive skin. It doesn’t cause any allergies or rashes, and is very gentle on your skin. The primer applies quickly, and helps you apply your favorite eyeshadow smoothly and evenly. It is a great option for women with oily skin, as it absorbs the excess oil. This primer prevents your eyeshadow from getting caked, creased, or smudged. If you want to extend the life of your eyeshadow throughout the day, this is a great option.
6. Ruby Kisses 24 HR Eyeshadow Magic Primer
- The ultimate eye prep.
- An ultra-sheer base that glides onto your eyelids
Packed in a very glossy pink box and bottle, this is a very eye-catching primer from Ruby Kisses. It feels almost like a liquid foundation, but it can make your eyeshadow stick to it like there is no tomorrow. The way this primer makes your eyeshadow colors come to life is quite magical indeed. If you like bright and vibrant eyeshadows, Ruby Kisses is the best drugstore eyeshadow primer to try. It has a decent staying power, and also does a great job of concealing lines and creases. The primer has a slight white tint, but it disappears once you apply it on your skin.
5. Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer
- This formula glides on and instantly
- Wear it alone for a flawless
- looking natural eye or under any shadow
If you want your skin to be the perfect canvas for your favorite eyeshadow, you should try this primer. Treat your skin with this product from Smashbox, and you will get a long-lasting finish on your eyelids. It helps maintain and preserve an even skin tone, and can even enhance the color of your eyeshadow. This primer has a universal nude shade, which will goes very well with a wide range of colors. The formula contains natural amino acids and hyaluronic acid, for a nourished and smooth skin. It even includes soft focus pearls to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
4. SHANY Cosmetics Eye and Lip Primer/Base
- Paraben free, talc free, hypoallergenic infused with vitamins and essential ingredients
- Prevent your makeup from smudging and fading by using this eye shadow base primer
- It works great on lips by keeping them smooth and showing off true color of lipstick
- Helps to prevent creasing on the eye area and feathering in the lip area, waterproof
- Designed and manufactured in USA - not tested on animals - proud member of PETA
If you have very sensitive skin, you need something along the lines of this primer from SHANY. It contains no parabens or talc, and has also been tested for its hypoallergenic action. The primer is infused with the natural goodness of vitamins and essential extracts. Regarding performance, this primer can be used on your eyes, as well as lips. On your eyes, it keeps your eyeshadow securely bound, and prevents it from smudging or running. This is a waterproof primer that can be applied with a brush or with your fingers.
3. e.l.f Shadow Lock Eyelid Primer
- Preps your eyelid for smoother, longer-lasting and crease-proof eyeshadow
- The lightweight liquid formula quickly absorbs into the skin for comfortable wear
- and increases eye color longevity
When you want extra action on your eyelids to attain that smooth and crease-free look, this is the best drugstore eyeshadow primer to test out. It creates a smooth and workable surface for your favorite eyeshadow. The effect is a longer lasting and more vibrant eyeshadow that doesn’t settle into messy wrinkles. This is a liquid formula that feels extremely weightless on your skin. It is comfortable because it gets absorbed quickly. The primer provides longevity and intensity to your eyeshadow, and it works well with both liquid and powder eyeshadows.
2. L’Oreal Paris Magic De-Crease Eyelid Primer
- Prevents creasing
- Extends eye shadow wear up to 8HR
- Prevents shadow from settling into lines and creases
If you want your eyeshadow to last for more than 8 hours, this primer from L’Oreal is well worth a try. Your shadow will no longer settle down into those annoying wrinkles and creases under your eyes. It makes your eyelids smoother, and provides them with an even tone. This is probably the best primer to create that perfect “canvas” for your eyeshadow. It has a universal shade that is suitable for a wide range of skin tones. You can apply this primer using your fingertips. It has been tested by ophthalmologists for any allergies or other risks for women with sensitive skin.
1. L.A. Girl Pro Conceal HD Concealer, Beautiful Bronze
- Camouflages the appearance of skin imperfections
- Evens out skin tone
- Covers dark circles
- Minimizes fine lines
This is without a shadow of a doubt, the best drugstore eyeshadow primer available online. Its popularity is unparalleled, and with good reason. It can increase the longevity of any cream or powder eyeshadow to over 8 hours. This primer is incredibly lightweight, and you will hardly feel it on your eyelids after application. Since it has a nude shade, it is also virtually invisible. It is unscented, and doesn’t cause any dryness on your skin. The Milani primer is an excellent option if you have sensitive skin, as it doesn’t cause any allergies either.
The best drugstore eyeshadow primer has to work well with both cream or powder eyeshadows. It has to be gentle and lightweight, and should have a very neutral shade. At the very least, it should be able to extend the wear of your eyeshadow at an affordable price. We hope you liked our selection of products. If you have any other products to suggest from your personal experience, please use our comments section.