When you think about that classic powder in a compact, it is setting powder that you have in mind. It is something you put on after your foundation, to get rid of all that unwanted shine. As this is an essential part of your daily makeup, we decided to compile a list of the best drugstore setting powder brands available online. Our top ten list includes both loose and pressed powders, selected based on user ratings and reviews.
10. COVERGIRL Advanced Radiance Age-Defying Pressed Powder
- Contains one COVERGIRL Advanced Radiance Age-Defying Pressed Powder (.39 oz) in an Ivory shade. This creamy face powder gives you a natural looking, radiant finish & is safe for sensitive skin. COVERGIRL powder is available in shades from light to deep
- You know that clean, ageless skin is the foundation of a fabulous look and COVERGIRL foundations, powders, and concealers make it simple. Whatever your look, COVERGIRL makeup will outlast your longest day, keeping your face radiant and natural looking
- Whether you are going for a classic look that's the foundation of your style, trying an advanced technique, looking for a skin treatment or just to treat your skin, COVERGIRL makeup has the professional quality makeup to enhance your natural radiance
- COVERGIRL makeup gives you the makeup you need to be who you are. Fill your makeup bag with COVERGIRL products for eyes, lips, and face. COVERGIRL makeup helps you achieve the perfect brows, lashes, lips and contouring to show off your individual style
- COVERGIRL has your makeup needs covered with a wide range of makeup from mascara, eyeliner, & eyeshadow to lipstick, lip liner & lip gloss to blush, foundation & powder. There's a COVERGIRL product for every style & look. COVERGIRL- I am what I make up
When you want bright skin, minus the unwanted glow when you are out and about, this is the best drugstore setting powder you should have in your compact. It gives a natural finish, with its smooth and even application. The powder is very silky, and is available in shades suitable for both light and dark skin tones. It doesn’t clog the pores, and has been dermatologically tested for suitability to sensitive skin types. This light and smooth powder was inspired by Olay, and contains skin brightening pigments.
9. Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Loose Powder
- Phys form mineral loose powder
- Physicians Formula mineral wear talc-free loose powder, translucent medium, 0.49 ounce
Many women have a problem with talc-based powders. If you belong to that category, this loose powder is the best drugstore setting powder for you. This light mineral powder is ideal for extra sensitive skin, as it helps control oil and prevent breakouts. You get the best hypoallergenic coverage with this setting powder. It can cover unwanted imperfections, like spots and blemishes, and make your skin look flawless. This product contains no talc, oil, or allergy-prone fragrances. It has an active formula that enhances the natural beauty of your skin.
8. Maybelline New York Shine Free Oil-Control Loose Powder
- Maybelline Shine Free Oil-Control Loose Powder by Maybelline New York is an advanced 100% oil-free formula for a classic soft matte finish that also keeps skin fresh, clean, and shine-free for hours. Lightweight powder glides on evenly and controls shine.
- Stepping out under the bright lights? Maybelline Shine Free Oil-Control Loose Powder by Maybelline New York won't let you down. Oil-control loose powder delivers a fresh, natural, no-shine look that lasts all day long.
- Step 1. Touch puff to powder and shake gently to avoid excess powder. Apply puff lightly over face. Then use puff to blend and whisk away any loose powder. The lightweight formula can be used alone to set foundation or throughout the day for quick touch-ups.
- Comparable to Bare Minerals, Coty, and Wunder2 / *Suitable for acne-prone skin.
- Maybelline Shine Free Oil-Control Loose Powder comes in Light and Medium shades. Great with Ivory Foundation and other shades. Whether you are looking to control shine, smooth skin, or just finish that face Maybelline Loose Powder is where it's at.
This is a lightweight powder from the famous brand Maybelline, that glides evenly on your skin. It helps create a soft matte finish, without causing any unwanted dryness. It also removes shine, and can be used on its own, as a foundation. If you want touch-ups during the day, it might be a good option, if you can keep it from getting too messy. This is a 100% oil-free powder that comes in two shades. It is perfect for acne prone skin, and doesn’t clog the pores.
7. L.A. Girl HD Pro Setting Powder
- Mattifies skin
- 100% mineral silica
- Helps set make-up
- Universal Translucent Setting Powder
This is a universal, translucent setting powder from L.A. Girl, ideal for softening lines and other imperfections. It contains the natural benefits of silica minerals, to promote collagen synthesis. This powder can make your skin look younger, and feel tighter as well. The organic silica in this powder is quickly absorbed by your body, for effective detoxification at a cellular level. It can also reduce wrinkles. This powder will help complete your makeup, and control oil levels as well.
6. Aesthetica Translucent Loose Setting Powder
- The Aesthetica Translucent Loose Setting Powder helps expertly set freshly applied makeup so it adheres to skin for hours. The lightweight formula soaks up excess oil while softening fine lines and hiding pores.
- Packed with high-quality ingredients, the Translucent Loose Setting Powder is vegan, cruelty free and gluten free for peace of mind. Cosmetics with a conscience give modern makeup a beautiful new dimension.
- Simple step-by-step instructions make for fool-proof application. The perfect amount of powder creates makeup that sticks without treading into cake territory.
- The setting powder comes with a luxurious velour puff for easy travel and major payoff. It can be your constant companion for midday touch-ups and absorbing excess oil on-the-fly.
- All that hard work you put into perfecting your foundation and base makeup is made to last. A dose of setting powder means it stays.
If you want your foundation to last for the entire day, this is the best drugstore setting powder you could get. It is great at hiding pores and softening fine lines. If being vegan is a priority for you when looking at cosmetic products, this is a great option. It is vegan, cruelty-free, and gluten-free as well. You can apply this easily, and it doesn’t result in caking either. This package also comes with a luxurious velour puff.
5. Revlon ColorStay Pressed Powder
- Provides all-day flawless finish with shine control
- Wears for up to 16 hours over makeup
- Lightweight, comfortable feel
- Glides on weightlessly and blends evenly for medium coverage
- Oil-free, fragrance-free, and won't clog pores
This powder from Revlon has been jet milled, for an ultra fine finish. It can be used on bare skin, or as a concealer. The powder provides a smooth cover over your foundation and base makeup. If you have sensitive or oily skin, this one is a great pick. It doesn’t contain any oil, and doesn’t cause any irritation, or clog your pores. Revlon ColorStay is available in six different shades. It can minimize shine for up to 16 hours. The very lightweight texture ensures that this powder doesn’t cake or dry with time.
4. Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder
- Uses the finest milled French "Cashmere" Talc to create an extremely light and silky powder
- Looks natural, never cakey or powdery and sets makeup to prolong wear
- Oil Free
- Saturate the Velour Powder Puff then remove excess by tapping the puff on top of your hand - gently press puff on the skin, using a rolling motion to "work" the powder into the skin
- When entire make up application is complete, give the skin a velvety, finished look by applying a pigmented Loose Setting Powder with the Powder Brush to the flat surfaces of the face - sides of cheeks, center of forehead, nose & tip of chin
This is a very smooth and silky powder, created using a finely milled French Talc, which is often described as “Cashmere.” It provides an excellent, natural-looking finish, and is very long lasting. With unique light-reflecting properties, the powder ensures that your lines and imperfections stay hidden. It is a great option to provide an even complexion, and hide blemishes. But as this is not talc-free, if you have any allergies to that substance, you may want to look elsewhere.
3. e.l.f HD Undereye Concealer Setting Powder
- FLAWLESS FINISH This formula blurs fine lines and imperfections, and hides wrinkles and blemishes while refining your complexion and boosting your full coverage foundation makeup.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND LONG LASTING Our under eye concealing powder is infused with vitamins C and K to help strengthen the skin while setting under eye concealer for long-lasting coverage. Works well with highlighting or contouring makeup as well.
- HOW TO USE Pat the powder over the under eye area using the brush provided. Use over concealer to set, or wear alone for a refined complexion.
- AT e.l.f. COSMETICS, we believe that beauty comes from within all of us, and.our products are designed to let your inner beauty shine through. We offer luxurious cosmetics made with quality ingredients that are perfect for women of any age.
- CRUELTY FREE AND VEGAN Our cosmetics are PETA certified cruelty free and vegan, so you can feel good about using our products.
If you want a setting powder to camouflage and hide persistent dark circles, lines, and other blemishes effectively, in combination with your foundation, this is a great choice. It is a silky powder that provides an exquisite, velvety finish. This can work alone on your skin, or as an addition to a cream foundation. It contains the additional benefits of Vitamin C and K. Both these nutrients help strengthen and revitalize your skin, and reduce the effects of aging. This is a great option if you want to wear something on a daily basis, or for improved effects during photoshoots.
2. Dermablend Loose Setting Powder
- makeup powder
- loose setting powder
- transulcent powder
On second place in our selection of the best drugstore setting powder brands is Dermablend, a loose powder that provides up to 16 hours of coverage. It has one of the highest setting powers among all the products we have seen so far. The powder has been dermatologically tested, and declared free from allergens like fragrance and other chemicals. It doesn’t cause acne or other rashes either. This is a product that can be used over a foundation or concealer. It is quite resistant to caking and smudging as well.
1. Sacha Cosmetics Buttercup Setting Powder
- FLASH-FRIENDLY: You never get a white cast or look ashy in bright lighting or when using flash.
- ABSORBS SHINE: Oil-free and oil absorbent. You won't look oily and greasy for several hours.
- NO CAKINESS: Finely milled, fills in fine lines and pores giving you a smooth, flawless finish.
- MULTIPURPOSE: Use as an all over powder or to set your foundation, bake, contour or highlight.
- MAKEUP KIT STAPLE: Changes your whole makeup game. The only face powder you ever need.
This is a top seller in the setting powder category, and there is a specific reason for that as well. It is flash-friendly, and designed to provide an improved color effect for selfies and photo sessions. This powder helps avoid any ashen-faced effects, which can crop up in bright light settings. It is oil-free, and can absorb oils and reduce unwanted shine. The matte effect this powder creates can last for hours. This is a finely milled powder that can fill in lines and pores extremely effectively. It can be used alone, or on top of your foundation.
Setting powders are extremely versatile products. You can use them as standalone makeup, or as an addition to your existing foundation and base layers. Did you like the selection in our top ten list of the best drugstore setting powder brands? If you have any product suggestions that deserve to be on this list, feel free to mention them in the comments section below. We deeply value your feedback on our articles!