An eyeshadow primer is a product that you will learn to love more the older you get. Its main purpose is to prevent your eyeshadow from pooling around the creases of your eyes. To help you find the best eye primer for mature skin, we’ve created a list of some of the best eyeshadow primers available online, which we have selected based on their popularity, and user ratings and reviews.
11. SHANY Eye and Lip Primer/Base
- Paraben free, talc free, hypoallergenic infused with vitamins and essential ingredients
- Prevent your makeup from smudging and fading by using this eye shadow base primer
- It works great on lips by keeping them smooth and showing off true color of lipstick
- Helps to prevent creasing on the eye area and feathering in the lip area, waterproof
- Designed and manufactured in USA - not tested on animals - proud member of PETA
This is the best eye primer for mature skin because it is infused with vitamins and essential ingredients to fight fine lines and wrinkles. Designed and manufactured in the USA, the product is not tested on animals.
Talc free, paraben free and hypoallergenic, this eyeshadow base primer will prevent your makeup from fading and smudging. What we liked about this top primer is that you can also use it on your lips to enhance your lipstick color. How cool!
10. Maybelline New York Master Prime Long-Lasting Eyeshadow Base
- Prep for gorgeous eyeshadow with this long-lasting eye makeup primer
- Create a smooth surface for easy eyeshadow application
- Matte primer enhances color payoff for extended wear
- Wear primer alone for a flawless matte look
As the name of this product suggests, this eyeshadow primer is made to last a long time. It helps you create a smooth surface over the skin, in order to then apply your favorite eyeshadow. The fact that the primer has a matte finish makes the shadow become more intense, and you will definitely enjoy the color payoff.
The great thing about this eyeshadow primer is that you don’t even need to apply eyeshadow over it if you don’t want to. By itself, it leaves your skin matte and flawless. As a happy customer claims, this is the best eye primer for mature eyes that will last even on oily eyelids.
9. N.Y.C. New York New Color City Proof 24 Hr Eye Shadow Primer
- Twist, glide easily on eye lid and go for up to 24HR
- Stick size provides quick and homogeneous application
- Glides easily to give intense color payoff
This is a jumbo-sized eye primer pencil that promises a whopping 24-hour protection for your eyeshadow and concealer. While that may be stretching it a bit, you can easily expect it to last until that evening or night. This is a great option if you like intensely colored eyeshadows. The formula in this primer is designed to bring out those bright shades.
It has a light, sparkling color, similar to champagne. The primer will work its magic even if you have oily skin. This is the best eyeshadow primer for mature skin that is perfect for those who prefer vibrant eyeshadows.
8. E.l.f Shadow Lock Eyelid Primer
- Preps your eyelid for smoother, longer-lasting and crease-proof eyeshadow
- The lightweight liquid formula quickly absorbs into the skin for comfortable wear
- and increases eye color longevity
This best under eye primer for wrinkles has a pearly tint to it that can show up as sparkle when you apply your eyeshadow. The color itself is suitable for all skin tones since it gets absorbed very fast into your skin. The primer is a very lightweight option, but you don’t have to reapply it during the day.
It can last all through the day, and well into the night. And while we’re at it, it keeps your shadow and concealer secure as well, without any mess. It has an excellent action against creases, lines, and wrinkles, making it the best eye primer for mature skin if you have a lot of these under your eyes.
7. L’Oreal Paris Magic De-Crease Eyelid Primer
- Prevents creasing
- Extends eye shadow wear up to 8HR
- Prevents shadow from settling into lines and creases
While other brands might exaggerate their claims, L’Oreal has managed to keep it real with this primer. It only offers 8 hours of protection for your eyeshadow and concealer, which is good enough in our books. This primer has been tested by ophthalmologists for safety.
When used as a base for your eyeshadow, this eye primer for mature skin can keep it from settling into the creases and lines on your face throughout the day. It is designed with a universal shade, which makes it a fantastic option for all women, regardless of their individual skin tone.
6. Milani Eyeshadow Primer
- Makes any cream or powder eyeshadow long-wearing
- Long-wear, lasts over 8 hours
- Lightweight, invisible finish
As a nude base, this is the best eye primer for mature skin if you like wearing different color eyeshadows. You don’t have to worry about it not matching a particular shade. It is also very comfortable to wear since it is incredibly light. It gets absorbed easily into your skin, leaving no visible traces.
This one almost feels like a lotion that you put on your eyes; it is that light. The Milani primer can bring out the best in mediocre brands of eyeshadow, creating a vibrant effect that readily catches the eye.
5. Radiant Complex Eye Primer
- More Vibrant and Pigmented Eye Shadows and Liner that Stays in Place.
- Size: 13*3.5*3.5cm
- Provides a Smooth Base for your Eyeshadow and Keeps Oils Lids Under Control.
- Suitable for professional and home use.
If quality and reliability are a major concern for you, this product might be worth a look. It is made using the best quality ingredients. The primer itself is very useful in preventing visible creases and lines around your eyes.
It creates a solid base for your regular eyeshadow, covering creases and lines. This prevents the shadow from settling into those spaces. It is the best eye primer for mature skin that is also waterproof.
4. Benefit Cosmetics Stay Don’t Stray Stay-Put Primer
- A dual-purpose primer for concealers and eyeshadows
- Ensures crease-free concealers and vibrant
- Formulated with Sodium Hyaluronate to nourish and fill in fine lines
Climbing into fourth place is this versatile primer from Benefit Cosmetics. It is a dual-purpose primer that can work equally well with concealers and eyeshadows. The primer has been formulated with the nourishing effects of sodium hyaluronate, and does its job by filling up all the fine lines on your face.
With a neutral nude shade, this best eye primer for aging skin is pretty universal, and can work on all kinds of skin tones. It has been fortified with Vitamins C and E, to combat the effects of aging on your skin.
3. bareMinerals Prime Time Eye Primer
- Works overtime so that you enjoy vibrant, lasting eye color
- Combats excess oil so that your eyelids don't look greasy
- Perfect for when you need all-day, all-night staying power
If you want a long-lasting primer that can reliably conceal all those lines and wrinkles, you need to take a look at this product from bareMinerals. It can also remove the greasy effect you get from having excessive oil on your skin. The silkily textured primer will accentuate the brightness and color of your eyeshadows.
It is very lightweight and doesn’t cake up your makeup at all. Plus, it doesn’t take long to act, as you can immediately put on your eyeshadow after applying this best eye primer for mature skin.
2. Too Faced Shadow Insurance Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer
- Long Wearing Unique color binders guarantee your shadows never crease, smudge or fade
- Vitamin E - Conditions, soothes and calms the delicate eye area
- Unique Binders - Volatiles lock down eye shadow pigments for amazingly long wear
- Tocopherol - Anti-aging, antioxidant moisturizer
- Versatility Galore - Use with powder or cream eye shadow products
With the staying power of color binders, this primer is guaranteed to keep your eyeshadow in place all through the day. It reliably prevents smudges, fades, and most importantly, wrinkles and lines from becoming visible.
This best under eye primer for wrinkles contains the goodness of tocopherol, which is a potent antioxidant, with anti-aging properties. This makes it one of the best eye primers for mature skin. It is also a versatile product, as it can work with all kinds of shadow products, be they powder or cream.
1. Elizabeth Mott Thank Me Later Primer
- WATERPROOF - Locks in your shadows all day
- NO CREASING - Preps your lids for a smooth, even application, great for oily skin
- TRANSPARENT BASE - Allows your eyeshadows to show up vibrantly
- CRUELTY FREE - Elizabeth Mott is a cruelty-free brand (Registered in PETA's Beauty Without Bunnies program)
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - If you are not happy with your order, just contact us and we will refund you, no questions asked!
According to user response, this is the best eye primer for mature skin you could buy. It is waterproof, and can keep your eyeshadow locked in for the whole day. Thanks to the fact that it’s a transparent base, this best eye primer for aging skin will keep your eyeshadow highlighted, without diluting its effect in any way.
This is an excellent option for wrinkled and oily skin types, as it prevents creasing, smudging, and caking. It is also a very ethical product, as it is registered with PETA, and undertakes no cruel testing on animals.
Since all primers work on wrinkles and lines on your skin, finding the best eye primer for mature skin is not a difficult task. All you need to do is ensure that the product has a long staying power, and doesn’t use dangerous chemicals. Once you’ve made sure of that, just pick a brand that has an appropriate shade to suit your skin tone. Did you like our selection of products? Let us know what was the best eye primer for mature skin you’ve ever tested down below.