What do Kylie Jenner, Jennifer Garner, Lindsay Lohan, Ellie Goulding and Blake Lively have in common? A penchant for plumping their already luscious celebrity lips. Lip plumpers are a returning trend. After all, who doesn’t want a perfect pout for that glorious selfie to adorn your Instagram wall? As the name suggests, lip plumpers are beauty products that make your lips perkier than they are. They contain common ingredients such as collagen and hyaluronic, which are used to imitate the a la Angelina Jolie look — much better than going under the knife or bearing the side effects of botox or injecting your lips.
These lip plumpers come in various shapes and sizes. From tubes to serums to lip brushes, there’s one for every lip that wants to sing Zou Bisou Bisou. While some lip plumpers, when applied, give you a tingling sensation, some can cause redness around lips, while in the case of others, the effect is not very long lasting. The good news is that many of your favorite lip fattening products have natural ingredients such as cinnamon, menthol, hot peppers, and even caffeine.
These products create what is scientifically known as the ‘vasodilation effect’ which is the widening of blood vessels caused by the relaxation of smooth muscle cells; thus causing a rush of blood to the lips. The science behind these plumpers is both astonishing and frightening at the same time — mainly due to the long-term effects these cosmetics can have on your lips.
How They Work
With age and changes in collagen (a structural protein in the skin) and with effects of the sun (and smoking too), lips start thinning. And that has given the rise in the manufacture and sale of these products.
Essentially, most of these products work by irritating the skin on the lips, causing swelling and an increased blood flow in the area, giving them an appearance of being “plumped” or “bee-stung”. The temporary “enhancement” can last for a few minutes to a few hours, depending on the ingredients used.
Most of these products have some ingredients in common. To dilute the “sting” of a particular ingredient, manufacturers add a soothing component. If you don’t want to go the cosmetic way, a routine search will tell you that you have the ingredients right in your kitchen. These are wintergreen, cinnamon, mint, ginger and caffeine. Lately, many websites have sprung up, telling you how to make your own lip plumper. But this exercise should be undertaken with a little caution. Overdo it and you might end up with a dermatologist or develop painful ulcers.
Before you consider to start using these products, it is important that you understand the type of ingredients that go into them. The chemical components are often intrusive and because they include advancements such as nanotechnology in the ingredients.
These ingredients contain agents that stimulate the skin to give it a tingling effect, such as menthol or hot pepper but have no other added benefits. They will create a burning sensation, giving you the feeling that they are working and make the lips swell, sometimes quite noticeably so.
Other products, will have ingredients that have the vasodilation effect that increases blood circulation in lips, as we explained earlier. These contain caffeine and niacin, a type of vitamin B.
Modern products contain hyaluronic acid (pulls moisture from the environment and traps water) and marine collagen that promotes cell growth, contains biological additives and peptide acid that may give you a sustained “pout” through most of the day. Application of products containing these ingredients will have the desired effect without giving the burning sensation that some other products might induce. Some manufacturers claim that regular use of these products will boost natural collagen and elastin for that picture-perfect pout.
Does My Plumper Have Fine-Line Reduction?
Some products contain ingredients that will reduce the appearance of fine vertical lines on your lips that start appearing after the age of 30. In doing so, it may give you a little more fullness.
Does My Plumper Hydrate? It is important that the plumper keeps your lips moisturized while it is performing its main function. It should also be able to retain any moisture that is already present.
One has to realize that these products will bring about a temporary change in the way your lips look, at best, and never rival what a plastic surgeon or expert can do with other procedures such as injections on a permanent basis. Besides that, they will cost substantially more in terms of money and discomfort.
But if used correctly, a good quality lip plumper can make all the difference in the look that you are going for. So without further ado, we bring to you the top reviews of products that you can use without a frown.
If you want lush lips without the hassle of lip injections, this list of the best lip plumpers is sure to come in handy. These great lip plumping products volumize and moisturize, offering results similar to those you’d get in a doctor’s office for a fraction of the price. If you want to achieve an enviable pout, simply take a look at some of the best lip plumper products on the market. They are organized from most expensive to least.
15. Organic 101 Hemp & Eucalyptus
Manufacturers of this product have kept the ingredients of this product organic over chemical ingredients. As the name suggests, this lip plumper is enriched with eucalyptus and hemp that make the lips super smooth, and is gluten-free. This product has been approved by the United States Department of Agriculture, and claims to have long-lasting plumping benefits. It also promotes cell mitosis that results in softer, fuller lips.
14. Hard Candy Plumping Serum Fat Pout
This product comes in a sturdy, but travel-friendly packaging and has a distinctly sweet vanilla smell that customers will appreciate. The slanted tip has a slanted doe-footed design that is easy to apply and you won’t need a lip liner. It will work on all skin tones and can be worn over a lip pencil or on its own, because of its fine, shimmery, glossy texture and gives a glamorous look. The product gives your lips a fuller look and will moisturize even those with dry skin.
13.Rozgé Renew Lip Plumper
This product is affordable, but does not compromise on performance or quality. Customers have said that itn has plumping effects that are on par with injectables. This will not have an over-the-top effect on your lips, but will still be noticeable. This is a non-sticky formula that also has a great color that pops out.
- Growth like most injectables but rather a nice little plumping effect.
- It’s not sticky and leaves your lips very shiny and inviting.The smell is light peppermint.
- Get bigger, fuller lips
- Easy to apply as much as you like and ANY time during the day.Renew Lip Plumper works so quickly,it's like a miracle!
- Enhance your lip color with our plumping up gloss
12. Victoria Secret Plumper, Bombshell Pink
It is no secret that this manufacturer produces world-class beauty products, and this one is no exception. This product, which is already quite popular with fashionistas, is now available in a new and sleek look, but with the same qualities that you love. This is a limited-edition product, so grab it before it disappears!
11. Smashbox Be Legendary Liquid Metal
This product comes with a bent-doe-type applicator that is plush, but firm and gets you the perfect shape and precision every time and eliminates the need for a lip liner. It gives you the full coverage of a liquid lipstick and the look and feel of a lip gloss in one coat. Get ready to click perfect selfies as it makes your lips fuller in any type of light. The metallic copper shade will cover your lips in one application and will last up to four hours.
- A liquid lip formula that glides on the full coverage of a lipstick and the high shine of a gloss in a single coat
- Rich saturated color in metallic and vinyl-like finishes
- Its foolproof, precision tip applicator distributes product evenly and makes your lips appear more plump and full.
10. Too Faced Cosmetic Lip Injection Extreme
- The Collagen Booster, Maxi lip our formula is proven to stimulate and increase collagen to plump lips up to 40% fuller and decrease lines by 30%, while increasing lip moisture up to 60%, long term!
- The Botanical Cocktail of Avocado Oil and Jojoba hydrates, moisturizes and soothes lips for fuller, sexier and more kissable lips.
- Instant Blood Vessel Dilators technology found in the original “Lip Injection” dilates blood vessels filling lips with a lasting rush of blood and oxygen for up to a 20% plumper pout!
This cult favorite product from Too Faced is one of the best lip plumpers around. It’s designed to stimulate the lips, providing an instant plump factor. To soothe and hydrate the lips, Lip Injection Extreme uses nourishing Jojoba Oil and Avocado Oil. For maximum plumping power, this product uses an Instant Blood Vessel Dilators technology, which sends a rush of blood straight to the lips. This increases the size of your pout by up to 20%. When combined, lips are left looking enhanced and feeling smooth.
9. Vernal Lustful Lips Triple Collagen Infused Lip Plumper
- Vernal Lustful Lips Plumper - Triple Collagen Infused Lip Plumper | Get Fuller, Sexier Lips Without Injections | Best Lip Plumper That Works
If you’d like to banish fine lines and wrinkles and restore your lips to their youthful glory, try this great product by Vernal. The formula contains particles of Sodium Hyaluronate, which cause the skin to swell and plump. It also has Hyaluronic Filling Spheres, which help to moisturize the lips. This plumper is also designed to fill in the fine lines that occur naturally as lips age. With continued use, people notice that their lips are more defined and voluminous.
8. LipSmart Ultra Hydrating Lip Treatment Moisturizer and Volumizer
The LipSmart Moisturizer and Volumizer works by sending moisture straight where your lips need it most. By forcing the lips to retain moisture, it adds volume to dry, dull looking lips. If used regularly, it revives, replenishes, and rejuvenates. You will no longer notice dryness, fine lines, cracking, or deflated lips. Instead, you’ll be impressed by your supple, moisturized pout. This product can be worn on its own or under lipstick. Either way, your lips will receive the full impact of its hydrating power.
7. Smashbox Cosmetic O-Plump
- Get a shiny pink pout all your own
- This intuitive silky gloss reacts with your personal skin chemistry to transform from clear into your own custom shade of pink
- he innovative formula is packed with an exclusive Goji Berry
This Smashbox product plumps your pout and tints your lips with a perfect shade of pink. Step one: apply the plumper. Step two: watch in amazement as the clear gloss reacts with your body chemistry and create a custom lip shade. The formula uses Smashbox’s Goji Berry-C Complex, which is filled with great natural ingredients like pomegranate seed antioxidants and ginko biloba. Marine botanicals revitalize, and Avocado Oil adds moisture and shine.
6. jane iredale Just Kissed Lip Plumper
- Shea Butter, Sunflower Oil and Avocado soften and hydrate
- Essential Oils of Lemon and Tangerine assist exfoliate dead skin cells
- Tinted lip plumper with unique, time-released peptides designed to increase hydration
- Item Package Dimension: 2.0cm L x 2.2cm W x 9.4cm H
For added volume, you can’t go wrong with this effective jane iredale product. This number 6 best lip plumper contains a wealth of great ingredients, from hydrating Sunflower Oil to exfoliating Lemon Oils. The formula delivers moisture straight to the lips, and the lips are stimulated by high-quality exfoliants. This leaves lips looking plump, smooth, and absolutely kissable. It also comes in a number of great shades sure to suit every complexion.
5. Dior Addict Lip Maximizer High Volume Lip Plumper
No products found.
No list of best lip plumpers would be complete without this Dior Addict gloss. This classic product will instantly invigorate your lips. The high-tech formula includes marine-based fillers and collagen, which combine to moisturize and plump the lips. This leaves them looking lush, voluminous, and free of fine lines. When applied, you’ll notice a pleasant tingling sensation. That means the formula is working. This Dior product also has an appealing vanilla-mint scent. You can wear the sheer pink gloss by itself, or mix it with your favorite lip color for a sultry look.
4. Fullips Lip Plumping Enhancer
This suction device is designed to temporarily increase the size of the lips. This lightweight tool is small enough to slip into a purse, and it offers a simple solution to thin lips. Simply place the tool over the mouth and suck. Your lips will be instantly plumped, and the effects will last from one to four hours. The tool also comes in various sizes to accommodate differently shaped mouths.
- LIP PLUMPING TOOL: Luscious, full lips in seconds! Fullips Enhancers are a perfect, non-invasive alternative for women and men who dream of plump, glamourous lips without the pain and cost of lip fillers. This easy at-home natural lip enhancement kit includes two Fullips lip plumping tools—a medium oval and a large round enhancer.
- USES SELF SUCTION: Not a pump or vacuum! Unlike other lip enlargement devices that can be harsh on sensitive lips and difficult to control, Fullips' simple enhancers work by using self-suction, allowing you to control the enhancement level and create the perfect pout without the ouch.
- COMPACT & CONVENIENT: Fits in your makeup bag or purse! Fullips Enhancers are small enough to take with you on the go. Perfect for a night out or special occasions, use our versatile lip plumping tool before touching up your lipstick for instantly fuller, sexier lips anywhere you are.
- HOW TO PLUMP YOUR LIPS: Enhance your lip line in one easy step! Just place the Fullips lip-enhancing device opening over your mouth and lip area. Gently suck in for 15-30 second increments (to avoid bruising)—the suction results in gorgeously plump lips. Temporary enhancement typically lasts from 1-4 hours. Repeat as desired.
- MADE IN THE USA: Designed for durability, practicality, and fuller lips! Fullips is the secret to beautiful, naturally full lips at any age. Durably constructed from hard plastic and available in three fabulous sizes for natural lip enhancing results in seconds, we are sure you'll love our patented Fullips Enhancers.
3. Jouer Essential Lip Enhancer
This great lip treatment is a natural way to augment the appearance of your lips. It is infused with a number of great botanical ingredients, such as Jojoba Oil, Shea Butter, and Vitamin E. These work to increase the volume of your pout and diminish the appearance of fine lines. This product also protects the lips from damage that can lead to loss of volume or unpleasant dryness. If you use this product several times a day for a month, you will see an improvement in the health and look of your lips.
2. WUNDER2 Wunderkiss Controlled Lip Plumping
This lip enhancing gloss hydrates, plumps, and more. The process takes no more than two minutes, and the added fullness can last all day long. Our second best lip plumper uses Dermaporting technology, which infuses the surface of the lips with a combination of hyaluronic acid and collagen. Users can customize their level of plump thanks to a booster complex infused with Vitamin B3.
- Experience hydrated, naturally plumper, more voluminous looking lips that can last all day in under 2 minutes
- Revolutionary "DERMAPORTING" technology delivers a complex of collagen and hyaluronic acid into the surface of lips
- You control your level of plump (choice of low, medium or high)
- Booster complex features Vitamin B3 Heating & Cooling Complex for your desired, customizable look
- No needles. No discomfort. Just beautiful, kissable lips!
1. Best Lip Plumper – Physicians Formula Plump Potion Needle-Free Lip Plumping Cocktail
This great formula gives you plumper lips without requiring expensive, painful injections. It contains a number of great ingredients that instantly add volume to tired, dehydrated lips. These include dehydrated hyaluronic acid microspheres, an active Tri-Peptide blend, and Instaplump PF. They work together to boost the natural collagen production of your lips. This lip plumping cocktail doesn’t merely plump your lips. It also hydrates, smooths fine lines, and adds a delightful dash of pigment.
- NEEDLE-FREE PLUMPING LIP GLOSS: No need for fillers, this high-tech, high-performance ultra-gentle plumping lacquer with instant and long-term effects will leave your lips looking fuller, plumper, and more kissable than your average lip gloss.
- PUCKER UP FOR PLUMPING: Provides instant lip plumping effect, with a richly pigmented, glossier lip gloss finish for the look of fuller lips; no lip injections required. With Hyaluronic Acid, for moisture that penetrates to fill in the look of fine lines.
- PHYSICIAN'S FORMULA LIPS: Our lip products are cruelty-free, hypoallergenic, safe for sensitive skin, fragrance free, and dermatologist approved, so you can make up your face without worry of irritating ingredients.
- Physician's Formula offers a full line of skin care and makeup for sensitive skin, including mascaras, lipsticks, concealers, eyeliners, eyeshadow palettes, bb creams, bronzers & primers. Our products are hypoallergenic & safe for sensitive skin and eyes.
- HEALTHY BEAUTY PRODUCTS: Every one of our products is hypoallergenic, safe for sensitive skin & eyes, & created without any of the 150+ known harsh ingredients found in other personal care items.
Lip plumping products are back in vogue again thanks to the Jenner sisters, but you will be surprised to know they have been around for a while. As the name suggests, these products make your lips appear fuller, voluptuous and more desirable. They can make a temporary difference in how you look, without the need to go to a doctor.
The best lip plumper products augment the lips, soothe fine lines, and keep them moisturized all day long. From Dior to Smashbox, many great brands have gotten in on the lip plumping action. If you want to take perfect care of your lips, you can also check the best lip balms, and the best lipsticks posts. Whichever product you decide to try, you won’t be disappointed by your voluminous new lips. Have you used a lip plumper? Which one do you consider the best lip plumper? Tell us about it!
Last update on 2021-07-26 at 19:00 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API