If you suffer from really oily skin, astringent toners are a possible solution. Since they contain alcohol, they are not recommended if you have sensitive skin. As a result, in our search for the best toner for oily skin, we have included a mix of milder toners and powerful astringents. All the products featured on this list have received stellar ratings and reviews. You can use them for your skin care regimen, be it to reduce oil, clean the pores, or shrink their size.
10. Neutrogena Rapid Clear 2-In-1 Fight & Fade Acne Toner
- 8-ounce bottle of acne toner
- Reduces breakouts and helps fade the look of post-acne marks
- For acne-prone skin
- With maximum strength salicylic acid acne treatment and Micro-Clear Technology
- Formulated with ingredients to help with skin cell exfoliation
This toner can reduce acne breakouts within a matter of hours. It is one of the first ever products designed to accomplish such a feat. The liquid can also reduce the effects of acne marks, helping you achieve a smoother and clearer skin very quickly. Neutrogena combines the impact of salicylic acid with a proprietary Microclear technology, to deliver quick results. The toner works by reducing oil, bacteria, and unclogging pores. It uses glycolic acid, for quick and effective exfoliation. This product doesn’t cause a severe drying effect, unlike many other astringents.
9. Foxbrim Orange Blossom Water Face Toner
- 100% PURE & NATURAL FACE TONER - Neroli Hydrosol - This multi-use Moroccan orange blossom floral water from the Mediterranean works as an all-natural alcohol free face toner
- BALANCE & HEAL SKIN - Balance pH with natural acidity and provide perfect skin moisture with nutrients found naturally within Orange Blossom Water
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - We know your skin will love our nourishing natural toner - If You Are Not Fully Satisfied We Will Refund Your Purchase
- THE PREMIUM WAY TO CLEANSE & TONE SKIN - Remove excess dirt - Stimulate healing & skin regeneration - Restore vitality & suppleness - Smooth skin & reduce pore size - The best choice for a proven natural and alcohol-free astringent
- THOUSANDS OF POSITIVE REVIEWS - Our premium natural facial toner is perfect for all skin-types - our testimonials speak for themselves
If you have sensitive skin, you should be steering clear of astringents with alcohol in them. This product is a much safer alternative, as it uses natural extracts of orange blossoms. The flowers are sourced from the Mediterranean, and have a host of healing and regenerative benefits for your skin. The toner contains natural nutrients that help cleanse your skin, and remove excess dirt and oils. You get a smooth skin, with a perfect pH balance. It also reduces the size of your pores, creating a vital and supple skin surface. This product can be used in multiple ways: for facial steams, in the bath, on a mask, and even in aromatherapy.
8. Eve Hansen Organic Rose Water Spray
- SOOTHE AND REFRESH dry, irritated skin and hair with a few spritzes. Rosewater spray facial toner unblocks pores, soothes skin, and aids in acne scar relief
- MAKE YOUR SKIN GLOW - Replenish skin with a boost of antioxidants and vitamins. Rose face mist can be used as a toner for face, acne spot treatment, makeup setting spray, makeup finishing spray, pore reducer, make up remover, puffy eyes treatment, and a soothing sunburn treatment.
- NATURAL REDNESS REMOVER - Shrink pores, moisturize, and reveal glowing skin! Remove makeup, dirt, and oil with this rose face cleanser spray. Use on hair to add shine, tame frizz and repair split ends.
- HIGHEST QUALITY natural rose water spray distilled from Rosa Damascena rose petals. Restore skin's ph balance, even skin tone, lessen hyperpigmentation, and calm irritation.
- DISCOVER BEAUTY THE NATURAL WAY - Natural and Organic Ingredients. Vegan. Cruelty-free beauty products. Made in USA. No Sulfates. No Parabens. No Phthalates.
This is another organic toner with an ingredient from the Mediterranean coast. The rosewater used in this spray toner is sourced from Morocco. It is distilled from Damask roses, one of the most potent species of roses in existence. If you want to revitalize your skin, and gain relief from redness, dry skin, rosacea, or eczema, this is a great product. As a natural face toner, it can be used for makeup setting, as well as treating sunburns or puffy eyes. Thanks to its pleasing scent, it can even be used as a perfume.
7. La Roche-Posay Effaclar Clarifying Solution Facial Toner
- Gentle exfoliating acne face toner with Salicylic Acid and Glycolic Acid. Penetrates deep to remove pore-clogging debris and smooth skin. Leaves skin feeling refreshed and even.
- Removes excess dirt and dead skin cells to leave skin feeling refreshed and even
- Tone daily for continuous results
- Gently exfoliates to clear clogged pores and smooth skin texture
- Breakouts are reduced
If you have oily, acne-prone skin, you need something with the proven benefits of active salicylic acid and glycolic acid. This toner from La Roche-Posay is the best toner for oily skin for you. It is one of the top products in this niche in Europe, and belongs to the L’Oreal family. This toner can penetrate deep into the skin, and cleanse all the pores of oil and dirt. With all the debris removed, your skill is left clean and refreshed. This is one of the milder toners out there, and contains only a small amount of alcohol. It has been dermatologically tested for allergies.
6. Eau Thermale Avene Thermal Spring Water
- Calms, soothes and softens the skin. Ideal for red, sensitive or irritated skin.
- Proven efficacy by more than 150 stringent biological, pharmacological and clinical studies. Helps restore skin balance. Neutral pH: 7.5.
- Ideal for itching and allergic reactions, skin conditions, to set makeup, soothe sunburn, calm diaper rash, after shaving or razor burn, post-workout, long flights, travel.
- Low mineral content makes Avène Thermal Spring Water extremely softening. Originating as pure rain mixed with sea-spray rich in mineral salts, then infused with trace elements and silicates.
- Low mineral content: Does not dry out the skin. Ideal calcium/magnesium ratio: Helps to improve skin texture Rich in silicates: Softens skin Rich in trace elements: Restores the epidermal barrier
Avene is a place located in southern France, famous for its healing thermal spring waters. The water from this thermal spring has been used for treating a wide range of skin diseases and conditions. This natural water is the crucial ingredient in this unique toner from the Avene brand. It contains natural minerals that soothe and cleanse your skin, removing dirt and excess oil. The water doesn’t cause your skin to dry up, and is an excellent option for people with sensitive skin. It can reduce itching and irritation, and restore your skin’s healthy pH levels.
5. Benton Snail Bee High Content Essence
- Snacil mucin supports natural cell regeneration and replenishes moisture to increase firmness, and bee venom has natural anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and anti-viral properties. The gel-like essence is also fragrance free! Best recommended for those with sensitive and troubled skin.
- Brand New. Ships from NY, USA.
- This product contains 90% snail extract and bee venom instead of water. Powerful ingredients such as snail mucin and bee venom help to heal scars, brighten skin tone, and maintain hydration throughout the day.
Benton is an extremely unusual product on our list. Instead of the usual suspects like salicylic acid or rose water, this particular toner uses some animal extracts to get the job done. The key ingredients are mucin extracted from snails, and venom from bees. Other minor ingredients include aloe juice, glycerin, and numerous plant and tree extracts. This product will clear the oil and dirt from your skin, without causing any dryness or irritation. It is the ideal choice for individuals with highly-sensitive skin.
4. Rose Water Facial Toner By Leven Rose
- 100% PURE NATURAL ORGANIC MOROCCAN ROSE WATER - Perfect for toning face, neck, decolletage, eye area, dry skin, body and hair for balancing PH, acne prone skin, hand spots, dark marks, combination oily skin, and to overall balance skin as a botanical astringent and toner. Made from rose flowers, like the red roses you're familiar with. A natural reducer of redness and a leader in liquid toners.
- ONE INGREDIENT ONLY - Alcohol Free and non oily, glycerin free, and additional fragrance free (no perfume added), paraben free, vegan friendly, as a distilled rose petal concentrate for cool, instant, fresh, personal moisturizing pore prep. Great for sensitive skin for both women and men's skincare regimens. It's Leven Rose's philosophy that skin blossoms with the right skin food with essential vitamins coming from vegetable or flower sources when possible.
- HOW TO USE LEVEN ROSE ROSEWATER - Cleanse skin with a natural cleanser such as Argan Oil, Jojoba Oil, Coconut Oil or any other face wash and rinse with water. Mist or put a few drops on a cotton ball and smooth over skin area. Spray or apply over hair after using shampoo or conditioner. Apply lotion, moisturizer and makeup after toning skin. Enjoy the scent of the rose petals! The natural healing from rose petal rose water is an ancient natural beauty secret.
- NOTHING ADDED OR TAKEN AWAY. Dark amber bottle extends shelf life as oils and Rosewater are light sensitive & must be stored in dark amber bottles to protect organics from oxidation. Organics not packaged in dark bottles for storage will lose potency & become non effective from UV damage. Store in a dry cool place out of direct sunlight. Leven Rose is committed to your 100 percent satisfaction.
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - LevenRose is a best selling MADE IN THE USA American brand Amazon naturals beauty company that stands behind their products and oils with their Satisfaction Guarantee. We promise you will love it or we'll refund it. Shop now - Eligible for Amazon Prime!
This is the second rose water-based toner on this list. Much like its predecessor, this one also uses Moroccan rose water as the key ingredient. In fact, it would be more accurate to say that rose water is the only ingredient in this toner. There is no alcohol or glycerin, or any other chemicals in this bottle. This is an excellent choice for women with sensitive and oily skin. Naturally, it smells like roses, and can be used in numerous ways, not just as a skin toner.
3. Klairs Supple Preparation Facial Toner
- Moisturizing Skin Care Program
- Balances pH Level
- Deep Moisturizing
- Cleanses & Soothes
This is a very fast-acting toner from Klairs. It has a very long ingredient list, with hyaluronic acid, Centella Asiatica extracts, beta-glucan, and lipidure as the major ones. They ensure that this toner gives 20% more hydration than other products out there. It is a great option for highly sensitive skin types, as it doesn’t cause any inflammation or irritation. In fact, this toner has a very calming effect on your skin. It is available in very simple packaging, and has a sweet, gentle fragrance.
2. Mario Badescu Facial Spray
- Hydrates anywhere, anytime.
- Fine mist, won't disturb makeup.
- Ideal for dry environments.
- For all skin types.
- As seen on The Martha Stewart Show.
This is a refreshing toner that combines the powers of aloe vera and rose water. It has very simple organic ingredients that provide a very light and pleasant feel to your skin. This product is safe for almost all skin types, including hypersensitive ones. It does not disturb your makeup, and can be used anywhere, anytime, as a gentle mist. Natural ingredients like thyme and bladderwrack increase the cleansing and nourishing powers of this best toner for oily skin.
1. Thayers Alcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner
- Soothing Rose Toner made with rose-petal water and proprietary Witch Hazel extract
- Packaging may vary
- Soft rose fragrance
- Un-distilled witch hazel cleanses and moisturizes
- Certified organic aloe vera
Since there is always one brand that stands above the rest, it’s time to present that brand in the world of toners and astringents, namely Thayers. This is the best toner for oily skin. with a combination of rose petals, witch hazel, and aloe vera extracts. It is free from alcohol and other chemicals like parabens. This is a very soothing and nourishing toner, with the cleansing power of witch hazel. It can remove excess oil, and make your skin bloom.
If you want the best toner for oily skin, you have several options. You can either go the simple rosewater route, or check out toners that have salicylic acid. If your skin is not very sensitive, you may want to try something with 12 or 15% alcohol in it, though we would not recommend that unless absolutely necessary. We hope you found our shortlist useful. Let us know your thoughts, suggestions, or experiences with the best toner for oily skin you’ve ever tested.