All whitening toothpastes remove surface stains, to some degree. Generally, they contain baking soda or peroxide with another cleansing agent. Opt for one that does more than brighten your smile. The best whitening toothpaste has ingredients that also fight cavities and remove plaque. Looking for a whitening toothpaste to remove coffee stains? We have you covered. Need to fight sensitivity? We found something for that, too. No matter the issue, this list will help you find a whitening toothpaste to suit your needs.
10. Crest 3D Diamond-Strong – Best Whitening Toothpaste for Preventing Future Stains
Crest 3D Diamond-Strong is the best whitening toothpaste for avoiding stains. The foods you eat can cause tooth discoloration. Whitelock technology (a foaming action) seals the enamel to prevent future stains. Plus, it lifts up to 90% of the stains from your teeth, giving you a whiter, shinier smile. Users of the product cite a noticeable difference within a week. The fluoride-enriched toothpaste prevents cavities and tartar buildup. A cool, mint flavor keeps your breath. The current list price is $3.97 on Amazon.
- Rebuilds tooth enamel below the surface
- Micro-cleansing agents rid surface stains
- Teeth look and feel dentist-clean
9. Colgate Optic White – Best Whitening Toothpaste for Going Beyond the Surface
Colgate Optic White has twice the whitening agents as other toothpaste. It goes beyond surface stain removal to unleash those pearly whites. WhiteSeal technology forms a barrier around the teeth. A whitening agent combined with hydrogen peroxide polishes away stain-causing foods and drinks. Within three days, teeth become four-shades whiter. Customers report a significant difference after using a tube. This award-winning product sells for $22.57 for a pack of six.
- Protects against cavities
- Anti-cavity protection
- Cool, mint flavor gives you fresh breath
8. Opalescence – Best Whitening Toothpaste for Maintenance
Opalescence Whitening Toothpaste de-stains teeth easily and effectively. This professional-quality toothpaste removes surface stains as well as strengthens the teeth. Those who use the product love the minty taste and the results. Most people notice a difference of two shades lighter after using the product for a month. It is perfect for maintaining a bright smile after whitening treatments. A unique formula helps protect enamel, prevent cavities, and is safe for everyday use. It costs $9.20 on Amazon.
- Delivers excellent fluoride release
- Less abrasive than most whitening toothpaste
- Offers enamel and dentin restoration protection
7. Sensodyne Pronamel – Best Whitening Toothpaste for Sensitive Teeth
Sensodyne Pronamel Gentle Whitening is the best whitening toothpaste for sensitive teeth. It forms a barrier around teeth to reduce sensitivity. The gentle formula shields the teeth from foods that cause acid erosion. It also keeps cavities, bacteria, and gingivitis at bay. Owners of this product rave about its ability to re-harden tooth enamel. They note it allows them to enjoy their favorite foods again. The fact that it whitens the teeth is a bonus. Save when you purchase a 3-pack at only $15.00
- Sensitivity relief
- Cavity protection
- Restores teeth to natural whiteness
6. Tom’s of Maine Antiplaque – Best Whitening Toothpaste For Plaque
Tom’s of Maine Antiplaque Toothpaste lets Mother Nature take care of stubborn stains. This fluoride-free toothpaste contains licorice, which has a soothing effect. Other ingredients include corn-based xylitol and zinc citrate. Customers like the all-natural ingredients and say it’s a nice alternative to fluoride-based toothpaste. It prevents tartar build up and delivers healthy teeth with long-lasting whitening results. The price is $8.15 for a pack of two.
- Whitens teeth without chemicals
- Offers cavity protection without artificial sweeteners
- Teeth look and feel clean for hours
5. White Glo – Best Whitening Toothpaste for Coffee and Tea Drinkers
White Glo gets rid of beverage stains that cause discoloration. Additionally, it contains fluoride protection to fight cavities. Heavy coffee and tea drinkers reveal that it delivers slow, but excellent results. After all, it has to penetrate through years of stains that formed on the enamel. Those who stick with it report that the dazzling smile was worth the wait. It’s only $5.99 for a 5.2 oz tube.
- Removes coffee and tea stains from teeth
- Micro-wax forms a protective shield to prevent stains
- Low-abrasion, safe for daily use
4. Arm & Hammer Advance White – Best Whitening Toothpaste for Stain Defense
From the manufacturers of baking soda, Arm & Hammer offers Advance White Toothpaste. It penetrates deep into crevices to remove stains. Not only does it whiten, the fluoride toothpaste keeps stains from developing on teeth in the first place. It is a smart choice for those who want more from whitening toothpaste. Arm & Hammer Advance White also delivers cavity protection, tartar control, and fresh breath. After using one tube, users noticed teeth were up to three shades whiter. You get a discount of $3.02 when you purchase a pack of six for $18.09.
- Formulated with baking soda and peroxide for a brighter smile
- Gently removes plaque
- Deep cleaning action
3. Rembrandt Deeply White – Best Whitening Toothpaste for Discoloration
As soon as Rembrandt Deeply White touches your teeth, it starts working on deep stains. Formulated with rapid-release peroxide, it removes tooth discoloration. It also strengthens enamel and protects your teeth. Users enjoy the fresh, minty flavor. With daily use, the anti-cavity agent polishes the surface of the teeth. Rembrandt also goes to where stains begin to whiten and restore tooth enamel. The result is whiter teeth – inside and out. After eight weeks, users observed a healthy, glowing smile. A 2.6 oz, 3-pack costs $20.87 when you buy it on Amazon.
- Offers exceptional whitening
- Active fluoride restores and strengthens teeth
- Made with the same ingredients dentists use
2. Luster NOW – Best Instant Whitening Toothpaste
Luster NOW! is a patented formula toothpaste with Bluverite. It creates the effect of whiter teeth. Results are immediate but temporary. Users confirm they saw visible results after one brushing. Use it for special occasions, or to hold you over until your next whitening appointment. It will also tie you over until your regular whitening toothpaste shows results. A 4 oz tube sells for $11.30.
- Removes surface stains with daily use
- Safe on enamel and dental restorations
- Whitening effect last for hours
1. Xyliwhite – Best Fluoride-Free Whitening Toothpaste
Xyliwhite is the best whitening toothpaste for those who prefer fluoride-free toothpaste. This toothpaste is all-natural. It contains xylitol, an organic substance found in fruits and vegetables. Xylitol works to remove stains. With baking soda to freshen the breath, this plaque-reducing gel gives you a beaming smile. The toothpaste is safe for all ages. Those who use the product praise its ability to produce luminous teeth within a few days. Get two 6.4 oz tubes for $11.99.
- Available in Platinum Mint, Refreshmint and Cinnafresh
- Made with vegan/vegetarian ingredients
- SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate), paraban, and gluten free
Remember beautiful teeth start with good oral hygiene. Consult with your dentist and choose the best whitening toothpaste and the best teeth whitening products that complement your daily dental care routine. The best whitening toothpastes are listed above. Not only do they brighten your smile, they help you maintain a healthy mouth as well. Share your favorite whitening toothpaste with us below.