Brown smokey eye makeup is probably the most versatile look you can resort to because it can be adapted for virtually any type of event. Light brown smokey eyes are by far the best option for day to day makeup, whereas black and brown or golden brown smokey eyes will make you shine at any party or evening event. In this article, we’re going to show you 15 different versions of brown smokey eye makeup to give you an idea of just how much you can do with this key makeup technique.
1. Brown Smokey Eye Makeup for Beginners
For our first look, we chose the classic brown smokey eye to show you the basic steps you need to follow to get the full effect of this powerful look. This tutorial will show you everything you need to do to get perfect smokey brown eyes.
- MAC Eyeshadows in Soba and Embark
- StilaKajal Eyeliner in Onyx
- Diorshow Iconic Mascara
- Red Cherry Lashes no. 523
- Lash Royalty Lashes in “Luxe 1”
- Brushes – Bdellium Tools 776, Smashbox Eyeshadow Brush, Bdellium Tools 714, Bdellium Tools 780
If you want to try out a bold day to day look, take a look at this tutorial for light smokey eye and winged eyeliner makeup for beginners. Follow each step in the video and you will get that flawless magazine look.
- Vanity Planet The Palette Brush Set
- Makeup Geek Crème Brulle
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Eyeshadows – Legend, Burnt Orage Matte, Sienna, Fudge
- NYC Liquid Liner in Black
- Salon Perfect 615 Lashes
- Estee Edit The Edgiest Up and Out Mascara
- Makeup Geek Liner in Black
- Makeup Revolution Vivid Baked Bronzer
- Benefit Hoola Bronzer
- Tarte Blush in Glisten
- Ofra Highlighter in Beverly Hills
- NYX Lip Liner in Nude
- NYX Butter Lipstick in Canteen
- Soap & Glory Pillow Plump Gloss
2. Brown Smokey Eye Makeup for Brown Eyes
While brown smokey eyes might not seem to be the ideal choice for brown eyes, it is, in fact, the single most flattering color for this eye color because it emphasizes the warmth of the eyes in the best possible way.
This tutorial features a neutral day to day smokey eye makeup for brown eyes. In just a few easy steps, you can highlight your eyes and get a poised look that is suited for the entire day.
- Too Faced Hangover Primer
- IT Cosmetics CC+ Color Correcting Full Coverage Cream in Tan
- IT Cosmetics Airbrush Perfecting Powder
- Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer in Light/ Medium and Medium/ Deep
- NARS Highlighter in Albatross
- theBalm Betty-Lou Manizer Bronzer
- LORAC Eyeshadow Primer
- LORAC Unzipped Gold Eyeshadow Pallette
- Physicians Formula Custom Eye Enhancing Extreme Shimmer Eyeliner Trio
- Physicians Formula Eye Booster Instant Lash Extension Kit
- LORAC Pro Brow Pencil in Dark Brown
- Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Iconic Nude
The second tutorial for this section will show you how to do a smokey eye for brown eyes. The aim is to get a glamorous evening look. The darker shades of brown in this smokey eye will make your hazel eyes pop.
- LORAC Pro Palette
- Murad Skin Perfecting Primer – Dewy Finish
- Make Up For Ever HD Foundation no. 123
- Girlactik Concealer in C1
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo
- Neutrogena Mascara
- House of Lashes “Noir Fantasy”
- NYX Eye Pencil in Black
- MARS Bronzer in Casino
- Girlactik Blush in Madrid
- Ben Nye Banana Powder
- Girlactik Lip Gloss in Just Nude
3. Brown Smokey Eye Makeup for Blue Eyes
If you have blue eyes, a brown smokey eye will look fantastic on you because the contrast created will create a dramatic effect that will highlight your gorgeous eyes. Dare to experiment with your brown palette to create a different look for any event.
This tutorial will show you how to make a light brown smokey eye that is great for the entire day. Miss Stephanie Lange used warm browns for this smokey eyeand a subtle black winged eyeliner to complete the look.
Just to give you an idea of how much you can achieve with brown smokey eye makeup, take a look at this amazing grunge glam makeup tutorial featuring a glittery brown smokey eye. Take a look at the video below.
- Rimmer Scandal Eyes in Rich Russet
- Makeup Geek Pigment in Nightlife
- BH Cosmetics: Galaxy Chic Baked Palette
- BH Cosmetics: Forever Nude Palette
- Carli Lashes
- L’oreal Telescopic Mascara
- Kiko Black Eye Pencil
- Sigma Black Gel Liner WINKED
- Martha Stewart Glitter + MAC FIX
- Sigma Blush in For Cute
- Bobbi Brown LE Highlight
- Lipliner: NYX Natural Liner
- Lipstick: Whitening Lightning in ‘Butercup’
4. Brown Smokey Eye Makeup for Green Eyes
Brown smokey eye makeup is absolutely dreamy on green eyes because the soft contrast draws attention to the lovely color of the eyes. In fact, the luscious brown blend will compliment any shade of green eyes and it will create a striking highlighting effect.
This comprehensive tutorial will take you through each step of the process so that you can get the perfect smokey eyes. You can find the full video below.
- MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot
- MUG Beaches and Cream
- MUG Crème Brulee
- Maybelline Chocolate Suede
- MUG Brown Sugar
- MAC Texture
- UD Naked Basics
- MUG Vanilla Bean
- MAC Prep and Prime ‘Radiant Rose’
- Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer
- The Body Shop Copper Brown
- SIMILAR ColourPop Show Me Liner
- Too Faced Better than Sex
- Sleek Face Form
- MAC Warm Soul
- Maybelline Truffle Tease
- Ofra Liquid Lipstick Angels
5. Brown Smokey Eyes on Dark Skin
The brown palette is also extremely flattering for dark skins because it accentuates the luscious beauty of the darker skin tones. It is extremely important that you include at least two shades of warm browns that are lighter than your skin tone to achieve this effect.
Then, you can use darker browns to complete the smokey eye look. This tutorial will provide you with a step-by-step guide to the perfect brown smokey eyes for dark skin tones. Enjoy the step by step video below.
- Ofra Cosmetics Eye Primer
- Makeup Geek Crème Brulee
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Eye Shadow – Caramel
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Eye Shadow – Morocco, Fudge
- OPV Lashes Gel Liner – Brown
- LA Girl Glide Gel Liner – Black
- ABH Eye Shadow – Cognac
- Lilly Lashes – Vegas
6. Brown Smokey Eye Makeup for Hooded Eyes
If you want to apply proper makeup for hooded eyes, then you have to learn a specialized technique. If you have hooded eyes, then you know exactly how disappointing it is to get a less-than-perfect result when you have followed a tutorial every step of the way.
This is why we have chosen two extremely useful tutorials for you from Miss Stephanie Lange’s channel. Having hooded eyes herself, she will show exactly how you need to adapt your makeup to get those stunning results you’ve been dreaming of.
The first tutorial is for a warm brown smokey eye that is ideal for an everyday look. Stephanie Lange will show you how to highlight your crease to get an enhancing effect for your hooded eyes. You can find the video below.
- KAT Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour
- Mark Jacobs ‘Brown 54 Gel Eye Crayon
- SIGMA ‘Polished’ Inner Rim Brightener
- IT Cosmetics Hello Lashes Mascara
- BH Cosmetics ‘Foxy’ False Lashes
The second tutorial is for a more dramatic brown smokey eye that will make your hooded eyes look absolutely fantastic. This technique is perfectly suited for a hooded eyelid and it is quite easy to follow. Enjoy the complete video below.
- GERARD COSMETICS Grace Highlight
- CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Foundation
- IT COSMETICS Bye Bye Pores Micro powder
- THE BALM ‘Bahama Mama’ Contour Powder
- MAC ‘Showroom’ Eyeshadow
- SIGMA E54 Medium Sweeper
- SIGMA E25 and E35 Blending Brushes
- MAC ‘Coppering’ Eyeshadow
- SIGMA ‘Ravishing’ Loose Shimmer
- Urban Decay 24/7 Waterline Pencil
- MAC Carbon Eyeshadow
- SIGMA E06 Winged Liner Brush
- TARTE Lights, Camera, Flashes Mascara
- IT COSMETICS Brow Powder
7. Glam Nude Brown Smokey Eye Makeup
The lightest brown smokey eye features nude colors. This makes it the ideal for everyday makeup and daytime events. To add a twist to the entire look, add a black or brown winged eyeliner and you will look absolutely gorgeous.
This tutorial features a very simple technique for light nude smokey eyes. It also features the glamorous winged eyeliner we mentioned, so that you know exactly what you have to do for the full effect.
Products Used – In the description of the video.
8. Daytime vs Nighttime Brown Smokey Eye Makeup
A matte brown smokey eye is one of the most accessible looks for daytime events. If you master the basic steps, your makeup will be done in just a few minutes and you will look fantastic. Just to show you how simple it can be, we have chosen a tutorial that will take you through the entire process.
Moreover, this tutorial also includes a brown smokey eye look for nighttime. This way, you can see what the main differences are. This video is aimed to help you save time in the morning and leave looking fresh and gorgeous every single time.
Products Used – In the description of the video.
9. Warm Brown Smokey Eye Makeup with a Dark Twist
You can experiment with warm brown smokey eye makeup to create some dramatic looks. For the best results, add a very dark brown to the mix to create a contrast with the lighter shades. This will create the illusion of a larger eye and you will look fantastic.
This video tutorial will show you how to do a dazzling warm smokey eye with a dark twist. Follow each step for amazing results! Enjoy the tutorial below.
Products Used – In the description of the video.
10. Brown and Green Smokey Eye Makeup
Brown and green are an ideal combination for people with brown eyes. While the shades of brown will highlight the warmth of eyes, the green will add the ultimate fresh effect and draw all the attention to the lovely color of the eye.
The brown smokey eye with a green twist can be adapted for both day and night events. The most important thing you need to know is that the green eyeshadow dictates the entire look. A light shade of green is suited for day events, while a sharp dark green will take the entire look to an entirely new level.
This first tutorial will show you how to do a smokey eye with a green twist for daytime. You will love the amazing warm green in this one because it has a very powerful calming effect. You can find the video below.
- BH Cosmetics Wild & Free Baked Eyeshadow Palette
- Party Girl After Hours Eyeshadow Palette from BH Cosmetics
- BH Cosmetics Bombshell Bronze
- Glamorous Blush Palette from BH Cosmetics
- Pink-A-Dot Brush Set from BH Cosmetics
The second tutorial we have chosen for you will show you a dramatic dark brown and dark green smokey eye that you will absolutely love. We guarantee that you will have a great time recreating this amazing look.
- Sigma Eyeshadow Base in Persuade
- L’Oreal Volume Million Lashes Mascara
- Sleek Ultra Matts V2 Palette
- Ardell False Lashes
11. Fall Cranberry Brown Smokey Eye Makeup
Fall looks are all about luscious russetsand warm coppers. If you want to add that special autumn effect to your smokey eye, then make sure to include these exotic shades for a very elegant look.
Take a look at this tutorial to see how a cranberry twist can take your autumn look to an entirely new level.
- Maybelline Matte and Poreless Foundation
- Maybelline FitMe powder
- Eylure Brow Pencil ‘Blonde’
- Sigma Brow Highlighting Pencil
- BH Cosmetics Neutrals Palette
- BH Cosmetics ‘Star’ Party Girl Liner
- EYE OF HORUS Eyeliner
- SIGMA ‘Monumental Lash’ Mascara
- Anastasia Beverly Hills ‘Dusty Rose’ Liquid Lipstick
- ARDELL Glamour Whispers False Lashes
12. Golden Brown Smokey Eye Makeup
Add a gold eyeshadow to your brown smokey eye pallet for a glamorous look that will make you stand out. If you want the gold to stand out specifically, add a shimmering or glittery gold and the effect will be outstanding!
This tutorial will show you exactly how to blend the gold eyeshadow with your chocolate browns for a dazzling eye makeup. You can find the video below.
Products Used – In the description of the video.
13. Black and Brown Smokey Eye Makeup
The black and brown smokey eye makeup is the ideal look for parties and evening events because the combination of dark shades will provide you with a strikingly dramatic look. To complete this makeup routine, you will have to include a black winged eyeliner that adds a contouring effect to your eyes.
Also, make sure to use a light to nude lipstick color to keep the attention on your dazzling eyes. This tutorial will show you everything you need to do to get the perfect black and brown smokey eye makeup. Follow each step closely and you will look stunning. Watch the video below.
- Boscia Makeup Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil
- Fresh Rose Hydrating Eye Gel Cream
- Mark Jacobs Highliner in Blacquer
- Make Up For Ever Artist Palette no. 4
- Mark Jacobs Fineliner in Blacquer
- Make Up For Ever Excessive Lash Mascara
- False Lashes from Make Up For Ever
- Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Foundation
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer
- Dior Show Brow Styler
- Lancome Petal Pushing Palette
14. Brown Glitter Smokey Eye Makeup
A little bit of glitter will help you create the perfect party look because it will make your eyes look absolutely gorgeous. As opposed to the gold glitter that becomes the centerpiece of a brown smokey eye, a chocolate brown glitter will keep it all about those delicious shades of brown.
To complete the look, we suggest you use a dark and intense shade of lipstick because this will add even more power to the glitter on the eyes. In fact, your best choices area dark brown or an intense copper. To get a better idea of how you can create this look, take a look at this tutorial that will take you through every step of the process. You can find the video below.
- Morphe 350 Palette
- Natasha Denona ’88V Arizona’ Shadow
- Kat Von D Synergy
- Colourpop ‘Call Me’ Liner
- OCC ‘Coffee’ Glitter
- MAC Reflects Antiqued Gold
- Becca Luminous Silk Foundation
- Urban Decay Concealer
- Anastasia Banana Powder
- Giorgio Armani Powder
- Anastasia Brow Definer
- Mas Give Me Sun Bronzer
- Blinking Beaute Samantha Lashes
- MAC Moden Mandarin & Coppertone Blush
- Charlotte Tilbury Bar of Gold
- Jeffree Star Dominatrix Lipstick
15. Drugstore Brown Smokey Eye Makeup
It’s a well-known fact that professional makeup products will always give you the best results. But this does not mean that a brown smokey eye made with accessible products you can find at your local drugstore will be anything short of outstanding if you perform the technique correctly.
This tutorial will show you how you can get the full effect of your drugstore makeup and create an amazing look. Enjoy the tutorial below.
- Girlactik LE CRÈME TO POUDRE FOUNDATION – Golden Tan
- Eyebrow Kit & Foundation from Makeup Academy
- Makeup Academy Nude Eyeshadow Palette
- Glamour Lashes from Makeup Academy
- Makeup Academy Black Eyelash Glue
- Extreme Volume Mascara from Makeup Academy
- Gel Liner from Makeup Academy
- Makeup Academy Lipstick in Nude and Cashmere
- L’Oreal Setting Spray
We hope our 15 brown smokey eye alternatives have provided you with the inspiration you needed to create the perfect look. Experiment with your browns to highlight your best features and you will look stunning!