Learn how to remove blackheads at home with these 10 simple remedies. Pesky blackheads, whiteheads, and pimples are a common skin problem, not just for teenagers, but for adults as well. Plenty of great skin care products on the market address the issue of how to remove blackheads successfully. Nevertheless, if you’re looking for budget-friendly solutions to get rid of blackheads, try these homemade remedies. Whip up a face mask for blackhead removal or a tonic face solution to remove blackheads on the nose in no time. Here’s all you need to know about how to get rid of blackheads naturally.
How to Remove Blackheads
They happen to the best of us and they’re unbelievably stubborn. We’ve been in the position to wonder on how to remove blackheads ourselves, and our research led us to find that there are multiple ways. While none can guarantee that they won’t come back, you should be safe for at least a while if you follow a strict face skin care routine. On one hand, you can visit a dermatologist’s office and get the medical advice on how to remove blackheads from your face, as well. On the other hand, you can use a number of over the counter skin care products such as a brush, an exfoliating cream, and a hydrating cream to follow afterward. Last but not least, you can try out these blackheads removing solutions for your face or nose that are ready in an instant.
1. Egg and Honey Blackhead Removal Mask
This mask uses nothing but natural ingredients. While it is a hydrating and moisturizing mask, it is also a great start on your how to remove blackheads journey. Blackheads are formed due to sebum trapped in clogged pores. The black, unsightly color which makes them pop out is due to the fact that sebum oxidizes when it is exposed to air and all the particles in the atmosphere. This mask helps to soften the skin clogging the pores, removing sebum and healing the pores for a fresh, gorgeous look every day.
- Organic raw honey.
- Mix together one spoon of honey and one spoon of milk.
- Whisk in the honey and milk are fully incorporated.
- Apply to the affected areas using a clean cotton pad.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Remove with lukewarm water.
This face mask is best used with a natural astringent such as lemon juice or apple cider vinegar afterward. This is due to the fact that an astringent can close the pores gradually, preventing the accumulation of sebum and their clogging.
2. Mineral Water and Baking Soda for Blackheads on the Nose
Wondering how to remove blackhead on nose? Blackheads on the nose can be spotted from the get-go so finding an effective treatment is vital if you want to have clear skin in this typically prone area. Baking soda is household staple used for clear, radiant skin and a natural disinfectant. Make sure to use mineral water not tap water.
- Baking soda
- Mineral water
- Mix two teaspoons of baking soda with mineral water until a paste is formed.
- Apply on the nose with a clean cotton dab or pad.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes until it is dry.
- Remove with hot water.
3. Lemon and Oatmeal Scrub for Removing Blackheads
Nobody likes treatments and remedies that take too long to show some progress. Using lemon juice or tomato masks on the areas covered with blackheads are two fast and natural remedies that everyone needs to try. It is recommended to see a dermatologist first to provide you with the most accurate, pertinent suggestions.
Products used :
- Squeeze one lemon.
- Mix the lemon juice and three tablespoons of oatmeal until a rough paste is formed.
- Rub your face gently with the lemon-oatmeal scrub and toner. Learning how to remove blackheads has never been easier.
- Wash off the scrub with lukewarm water.
- Apply hydrating face cream.
4. Overnight Honey, Baking Soda, and Tomatoes Mask
The face is one sensitive area that needs all the care in the world. Honey, baking soda and tomatoes can rid you of blackheads once and for all. Use baking soda or honey when you need a tip on how to remove blackheads from face. Both tomatoes and baking soda act as natural astringents and pore cleansing solutions. Honey is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial, so use these ingredients with confidence.
- Baking soda
- Dice the tomatoes in tiny cubes or run them through a food processor.
- Mix one tablespoon of honey with the tomatoes and two teaspoons of baking soda until the composition is homogeneous.
- Apply it to the face.
- Keep the mask on overnight for best results.
- Remove with lukewarm water.
5. Lemon Juice and Salt to Remove Blackheads from the Forehead
The forehead is exposed to dirt and sweat. As such, it needs to stay clean at all times. This is why you should try salt and lemon for their exfoliating properties and kissing blackheads goodbye. Exfoliation is key in the how to remove blackheads guidebook.
- Salt and lemon (for exfoliation)
- Cotton pads.
- Mix lemon juice and salt together.
- Stir until the two ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Dip the cotton pads in the lemon juice – salt solution.
- Gently massage your face with the cotton pads, insisting on the forehead.
6. Acne Wash for Blackheads on Ear
You need to keep your ears blackhead free to avoid infections, as the pores are deeper there and the more clogged they get, the more dangerous it is. Mild acne wash can do the trick. Use cotton pads just to be on the safe side because ears are sensitive overall.
- Mild acne wash
- Warm water
7. OTC Products to Remove Blackheads
Most of these professional products use natural ingredients and they will work just fine. Invest time and money into professional products that can really help you make blackheads go away. Ask your dermatologist about which blackhead removal products are most suitable for your skin type, and then use them regularly for best results.
- Herbivore Botanicals Bamboo Charcoal Detoxifying Soap Bar
- Caolion Premium Blackhead O2 Bubble Pore Pack
- Origins by All Greens Foaming Deep Cleansing Mask
- Peter Thomas Roth Irish Moor Mud Purifying Black Mask
- First Aid Beauty Cleansing Body Polish with Active Charcoal
- Bioré Pore Penetrating Charcoal Bar
- Mario Badescu Silver Powder
- Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Cleanser Mask
8. Blackhead Removal Home Remedy
These common household items are packed with antibacterial and antioxidant properties. These prevent blackheads from reappearing while cleaning your skin of the existing ones. Try different home remedies and see what works best for you. It’s possible that some remedies won’t work for a certain skin type, while others will soon be your staples in the fight against blackheads.
- Sour Cream
- Cosmetic Clay Mask
Check out how to remove blackheads using the natural ingredients above.
9. Milk, Oatmeal, and Turmeric Face Mask
Natural blackhead removal creams, masks, treatments and remedies give you smooth clear skin. Raw milk and oatmeal in particular have long lasting effects on your skin and they reduce the chances of having blackheads again. Follow the instructions and stick to the ingredients mentioned there
- Raw milk
- Warm half a cup of milk.
- Let the oatmeal steep in the warm milk for 5 minutes.
- Add one teaspoon of turmeric.
- Mix the ingredients until you get a creamy paste. Pay attention that the consitency isn’t runny.
- Apply on the face using with soft dabs.
- Let the face mask dry.
- Remove after 20 minutes with lukewarm water.
10. Egg Whites Blackheads Removal
This is a fast, cheap and efficient way to get rid of blackheads. Egg whites and cotton pads will disinfect the affected area and help you destroy blackheads for good. The cream will unclog your pores but make sure you use the same ingredients for immediate results.
- Egg whites
- Cotton pads
- Paper towel
- Micellar water
Check out this short video tutorial on how to remove blackheads with egg whites.
There isn’t just one answer to the ‘how to remove blackheads’ question. Professional treatments prescribed by dermatologists are one way to go. Alternatively, you can choose to use over-the-counter products for blackhead removal. Nevertheless, home remedies can be your quick and painless answer when you’re wondering how to remove blackheads naturally and on a budget. Be patient and follow a strict skincare routine to achieve the best results.