Makeup Eraser popped up on the cosmetics products market a few years back. Nonetheless, it continues, in most cases, to be the appreciated chemical-free, and environmentally-friendly cloth that removes the most stubborn and waterproof makeup.
What is the Makeup Eraser?
Instead of spending a yearly fortune on makeup removing products, toners, cotton pads and wet wipes, Makeup Erases (the company) proposes their product as your top choice. If you somehow managed to avoid using the fiber blend trademark hot pink cloth until now, we suggest you give it a try.
Makeup Eraser is really just a cloth. While it comes in a super girly, cute package, some may feel quite disappointed by the content. A hot pink, blue, black or white cloth doesn’t say much about makeup removal, does it?
Well, for thousands of customers worldwide, it seems that Makeup Eraser was just the products they needed. For us too. We just finished trying out the product and we have to say we were impressed. While $20 dollars for a normal size Makeup Eraser cloth is slightly expensive as a first investment, think of it this way: It’s guaranteed to last for 1,000 washes. You only need to soak it in water to remove the most stubborn makeup. If you’re convinced, you won’t need to invest in any other products. Which, in turn, will considerably help you cut expenses.
- A cloth claiming to remove all makeup with no other products than water.
- It doesn’t contain any chemicals.
- It’s made of a specially knitted polyester fiber blended with silk fiber. The producers and the Makeup Eraser Company closely guard the fabrication secret.
- A cloth which removes 100% of the makeup without leaving any residues behind. When we say 100%, we also refer to your stubborn mascara and waterproof eyeliner, face paint and your kids’ Halloween makeup.
- It’s reusable, lasting up to 1,000 washes. Let’s say you use it one time per day. That leads to almost three full years of using one single makeup removal product. Wash it by hand or toss it in the washing machine, it’s up to you. In the end, you’ll have the same soft Makeup Eraser cloth that keeps up the great shape and feeling.
- A soft fiber blended cloth that promises a spa-like feeling for your face as you remove all the makeup.
How does the Makeup Eraser work?
Here’s our experience with the Makeup Eraser. Like any makeup enthusiasts, we adore creating new looks every day by using every makeup product at hand. Primer, foundation, powders, bronzers, eyeshadows, eyeliner, mascara. We tossed them all in for a gorgeous look throughout the day. Then we put Makeup Eraser to work.
Previous experiences with other makeup eraser and tons of other products have made makeup removal a daunting chore. If only there was that one product to remove all the makeup with a few swipes and motions…Well, Makeup Eraser is that product. It saves you money and time. As a bonus, it is double-faceted. One side does the dirty job, while the other gently exfoliates the skin, leaving it smooth and silky.
According to the instructions, all you need to do is to soak the soft cloth in water. It doesn’t matter if it’s warm or cold. Give it a good squeeze to avoid drippy situations. Start wiping your face with gentle, circular motions. Voila! Your face is clean, with no traces of makeup in sight. Even that stubborn waterproof mascara is gone without leaving any of the dreaded black residues. That’s a raccoon-eyes situation successfully avoided right there.
Thoughts on the Makeup Eraser
It really took just a few gentle swipes for the makeup to come off. We admit that the waterproof mascara and eyeliner took a couple more swipes to be entirely removed. Nonetheless, time-wise, it took less than five minutes to have a clean, fresh face.
To make sure that Makeup Eraser really delivers on the promise of removing all the makeup with just water, we tested the result. Using a cotton pad with the usual toner, we swiped again and again. There were no traces of makeup or any other debris on the skin. We declared the Makeup Eraser a mission successfully accomplished.
If you’re wondering if this cloth leaves your skin dry and flaky after removing the makeup, the answer is plain and clear: no. Of course, it’s recommended that you use the skin care products you would normally use after removing your makeup. If you typically use a moisturizing face cream every day, continue using it. A moisturized and hydrated skin is a radiant skin.
As we mentioned before, Makeup Eraser has two sides. One is used to remove makeup, while the second is used to gently exfoliate your skin. Thus, Makeup Eraser isn’t just a time and money saving product. It also offers a full treatment for the sensitive face skin.
Makeup Eraser Pros
- A gentle material featuring silk fiber for a gentle skin care.
- Doesn’t leave the skin dry.
- Removes all makeup, including stubborn makeup and waterproof makeup.
- Exfoliates the skin and gently buffs it for a healthy, natural look.
- Doesn’t promote redness or irritations.
- Time saving.
- Money saving.
- Environmentally friendly.
- Chemical-free. Smell-free.
Makeup Eraser Cons
- While the material is high-quality and you can feel it at first touch, the lack of detailed information on this material is curious.
- Wash after every use. It may become tedious to keep washing Makeup Eraser. Nonetheless, if you look at the bigger picture, it’s a cloth that comes in contact with your face. This means it should be extra-clean. On the other hand, washing is super easy as the material doesn’t stain. Wash it by hand or toss it in with the laundry.
All in all, we can’t help but recommend Makeup Eraser, even if it’s just for a tryout. We were skeptical at first. Yet, the makeup removing product convinced us from the start. Indeed, it was love at first touch.