Makeup can be perceived as a difficult art. However, this should not discourage novices that want to try different makeup for beginners tutorials for the very first time. We all like to look our best, and we aim for that flawless makeup that we usually notice in fashion magazines or worn by our favorite celebrities.
Fret no more! Our makeup for beginners essentials and easy-to-follow tutorials and tricks will make you more confident in your makeup skills. In the end, you will be able experiment with different makeup techniques, from applying lipstick and eye shadow to creating African-American, or zombie looks.
1. How to Apply Makeup for Beginners
Buy the essential products first till you get the hang of it. If you follow the steps of the YouTube tutorial, you can’t go wrong. Enjoy your flawless makeup!
- Different brushes
- Tom Ford Lipstick in #06 Deep Mink
- Makeup Geek Eye Shadow in Barcelona Beach
- Makeup Geek Blush in Spellbound
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal
- Covergirl Black Eye Liner Pencil
- Makeup Geek Foiled Eye Shadow in Showtime
- Makeup Geek Eye Shadow in Shimma Shimma
- L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black
- Rimmel Brown Pencil in Dark Brown
- Makeup Geek Eye Shadow in Latte
- Makeup Geek Eye Shadow in Beaches and Cream
- Benefit Gimme Brow in Light/Medium
- MAC Painterly Paint Pot
- Eve Pearl Salmon Concealer
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation
- Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation
- Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder
- Maybelline Fit Me Concealer
2. Best Makeup Kits for Beginners
Stick to basic makeup products at the beginning. Less is more. Also buy high quality makeup products. They may be more expensive, but they go easy on your skin. Choose high-quality products and colors that flatter your skin color and facial features. Then, follow the steps and tips in this beginner’s makeup tutorial.
- Any primer from NYX Cosmetics
- BB Cream from Maybelline (depending on your skin type)
- NYX’s HD Concealer
- NYC’s Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder in Translucent
- NYX’s Matte Bronzer
- Milani’s Baked Blushes
- Any of e.l.f.’s Studio Baked Highlighters
- Maybelline’s Define-A-Brow Pencil,
- NYX’s Control Freak Eyebrow Gel
- Wet N’ Wild Fergie Collection’s Take On the Day Eye Primer
- Maybelline’s The Nudes Palette
- Rimmel London’s ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Kajals
- Maybelline’s EyeStudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner
- Covergirl’s LashBlast Volume Mascara
- Any of NYX’s Slim Lip Pencils
- NYX’s Butter Glosses
- Brushes from Real Techniques
3. Smokey Eye Makeup for Beginners
Go for something subtler at first. Natural makeup is hard to master, but it brings out the best in you. Focus on your eye shape and color, then choose the best recommendations for your facial features. Finally, follow the quick steps in this easy smokey eye tutorial.
- Black shadow from the 88 PALETTE
- Eyeliner by Rimmel
- Extra Wow Lash mascara by Rimmel
Recommended read: The Perfect Brown Smokey Eye – 15 Amazing Video Tutorials
4. How to Choose Eye Shadow Guide for a Beginner
Stick to the recommended colors based on your eye color. When applying eye makeup, you should stick to the basics. Keep it natural! Follow the tips in this eye-shadow tutorial.
Products Used: Bobbi Brown’s Shimmering Sands Eye Palette
Recommended read: 10 Best Eyeshadow Palettes to Create Multiple Looks
5. A Simple Contouring and Highlighting Technique
Use essential supplies only. This YouTube tutorial will teach you how to use contouring with the help of basic makeup products. This is the fastest and easiest way to contouring and highlighting your face.
- Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder Golden Light
- Hourglass Lighting Powder Luminous Light
- Makeup Geek Angled Stippling Brush
- Makeup Geek Cheek Highlighter Brush
6. The Best Brushes
Every beginner needs a good set of brushes for her makeup kits and palettes. Everyone can pick from cheap to more expensive brushes in order to highlight special makeup looks better. Check out these tips on how to choose your makeup brushes before heading to purchase them.
Products Used: It’s up to you.
Recommended read: 10 Best Makeup Brushes
7. Drag Makeup for Beginners
Be as extravagant as you feel like. Work with what makeup essentials you already have. Even hairspray can fix your makeup, and make it last for hours on end. Applying special drag makeup effects is fairly easy with the right tools, brands and ideas.
- Lip Liner
- Matte Lipstick
- Flashy Eye Makeup Sets
8. Easy Zombie Looks for Halloween
Buy a zombie makeup kit, and you can also use a list of items you already have from dark eye shadow to very white makeup powder. There are plenty of easy tutorials and videos on zombie makeup. You just need to stick to easy strokes and designs. Follow the steps in this Zombie makeup YouTube tutorial.
- Halloween makeup kit
- Face Paint
- Any other makeup products
9. Makeup Lessons for Beginners
Identify your face type and learn how to use blush depending on your facial features. You can use makeup like a pro if you stick to these simple tricks.
Products Used: It depends on your skin color and face shape.
Recommended read: 10 Best Blushes for Rosy Cheeks
10. Makeup for Beginners: African American Stunning Looks
Keep it natural, and use high-quality beauty products. Neutral makeup colors will flatter your facial features. Use as little products as possible in order to achieve a natural look. Follow the steps in this YouTube tutorial.
- Mac Prep + Prime Highlighter
- NYX Corrector
- Black Radiance BB Cream
- Black Radiance Concealer Corrector Duo
- Benefit Gimme Brow
- Black Opal Deluxe Finishing Powder
- Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara
- NYX Buttergloss
11. Shadow Makeup for Dummies
It is simpler than it looks, so don’t panic. You need the right makeup brushes, and you need to follow the instructions step by step. You will get the best looks in no time.
- Double Ended Pencil/Flat Shader Brush( E23/24)
- Blending Duo (E25/26)
12. Makeup for Beginners: Applying Lipstick
Adapt the makeup technique based on your lip type. There are different finish types, different types of lipstick and you need to learn first which technique works best for your lips. Then follow the instructions in this guide on how to apply lipstick for beginners.
Products Used: Any color and lipstick texture that makes you look great.
Recommended read: 10 Best Drugstore Lipsticks for Budget Beauty
13. Eyebrow Shaping Tips for Beginners
Always shape your eyebrows depending on your face type. Follow your facial features closely, and take your time. You can easily shape your eyebrows at home, by following the steps in this tutorial.
- Eyebrow pencil
- Spoolie brush
- Translucent powder
14. MAC Makeup Tutorials for Beginners
If you are a beginner, stick to neutral colors. MAC products come in many colors and textures, so it won’t be hard to find something to use. Apply makeup colors that you know that they flatter your facial features. Check out the complete list of M.A.C products and the complete DIY beauty tutorial.
Products Used: Products from M.A.C Cosmetics
15. Quick Makeup Tutorial for a Natural Look
Stick to the recommendations mentioned in the YouTube tutorial, and you’ll be just fine. If you follow the instructions it won’t take more than 10 minutes to get the perfect natural look.
- Revlon Colorstay Foundation
- NYX HD Photogenic Concealer
- NYC Sunny Bronzer
- NYX Blush Spice
- Hourglass Highlight Luminous Light
- Naked Palettes Buck, Naked and Virgin
- Stila Lionfish Eyeliner
- NYX Wonder Pencil Medium
- L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara
16. Evening Makeup Tutorial for Beginners
Highlight either the lips, or the eyes. The evening makeup look is flashier than the daytime makeup, but it is still an easy look to achieve. Follow the steps in the beginner evening makeup YouTube tutorial.
Products Used: all Maybelline products
17. The Simple Romantic Date Night Look
Don’t overdo it, and use neutral colors if you are a beginner. You can use a bold eyeliner or lipstick color, but keep the rest of the makeup as neutral as possible. Follow the instructions in this YouTube video on how to create a romantic date night makeup.
- BH Cosmetic’s 39 Color Special Occasion Palette
- Party Girl Waterproof Gel Eyeliner Pencils
- Creme Luxe Lipsticks: http://bit.ly/1iKoqWa
- Bourjois Happy Light Matte Serum Primer
- Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Medium Custard
- Face of Australia Translucent Loose Powder
- Sigma Brow Powder Duo in Medium
- Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara
18. Casual Makeup Look for Dummies
Keep it natural, since this casual makeup look works for every casual context. You will need the basic makeup products, so you can use your makeup kit or the products mentioned in the YouTube tutorial.
- Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette
- Hoola by Benefit
- Wet-N-Wild Bronzer in Reserve Your Cabana
- L.F. Blush in Twinkle Pink
- Tweezerman Eyelash Curler
- Essence Maximum Definition Volume Mascara (black)
- Jordana 12 HR Made to Last Liquid Eyeliner Pencil (black)
19. The Beginner’s Guide to Applying Eyeliner
Use gel liner for incredible, fast results that don’t require complex makeup techniques. The simpler the look, the easier it is to apply the eyeliner. This makeup for beginners YouTube video will surely make your life easier.
- A.C Blacktrack Fluidliner
- MAC #211 Brush
- Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler
- Benefit Roller Lash Mascara
20. How to Apply Makeup in Five Minutes
Stick to what you know. If you are good at winged eyeliner, then stick to it whenever you are in a hurry. Use your basic makeup kit, follow these tips, and that should do the trick.
Products Used: Your favorite essential makeup products.
The different makeup for beginners tips and tricks are meant to encourage you to try different suggestions and tutorials out. You will see how easy the steps you need to take are, and you can easily master these makeup techniques without too much hassle.