Want to have younger, more beautiful skin? These essential skin care routine tips and tricks will help you take better care of your complexion. Just find the sections that best fit your skin and check out the advice. You’ll be on your way to more attractive, healthier skin in no time.
Skin Care Routine Tips For All Skin Types
- Never skip the sunscreen. Studies have found that even short periods of sun exposure walking to your car or getting the mail can add up to damage that gives rise to wrinkles and makes you more likely to develop wrinkles. Apply a sunscreen with an SPF rating of 15 or higher at the start of every day to protect yourself.
- Always take off your makeup. At the end of a long day, you may want to just crawl into bed, but you should never skip removing your makeup and washing your face. Makeup that’s allowed to linger can irritate the skin and clog your pores, giving rise to blemishes.
- Between cleansing and moisturizing, always use a toner. Important for all skin types, toners help to keep skin’s pH levels balanced, so that oil production occurs at a normal pace.
Skin Care Routine Tips For Oily Skin
- When you’re picking out skin care products, always choose ones that are oil free or noncomedogenic, meaning that they don’t clog your pores. This way, you won’t be adding extra oils to your complexion.
- When your skin has that telltale greasy shine of oiliness, take action with blotting papers. Available at most drugstores, these papers whisk away excess oil to instantly mattify. You can use toilet tissue to blot if you don’t want to invest in papers.
- Skin care products with tea tree oil can work wonders for oily complexions. In studies, tea tree oil has been shown to work similarly to benzoyl peroxide, which helps to regulate oil production and kills the bacteria that give rise to blemishes.
Skin Care Routine Tips For Dry Skin
- Avoid skin care products that contain alcohol. This ingredient has a drying effect on the skin and can leave dry complexions like yours parched.
- Every time your face gets wet, make sure to moisturize. When water droplets evaporate from your skin, some of that precious natural oil can be taken away along with it. Apply your moisturizer after you wash your face and after every bath or shower. Get the product on within 3 minutes of drying off for best results.
- If your dry skin is looking dull, brighten it up with a gentle scrub formulated for dry skin. Look for one that exfoliates with moisturizing beads, so that your exfoliation treatment treats your skin to some added hydration.
Skin Care Routine Tips For Combination Skin
- Don’t be afraid to mix and match skin care products to meet the needs of the various regions of your complexion. A lightweight lotion moisturizer may be best for your T-zone while a heavier cream moisturizer can help to keep your cheeks from becoming dry. You may also want to use two different cleansers to account for the differences in oil content across your complexion.
- Exfoliate your skin at least once or twice per week with an exfoliator that contains an alpha hydroxy acid like lactic acid or glycolic acid. These products will help to keep your pores clearer in the T-Zone and lift away the dead skin that can build up on those dry cheeks.
- Apply a purifying or clarifying mask to your T-zone once or twice per week to help balance your complexion. Look for one that contains absorbent clay, which is excellent at drawing impurities out of the pores.
Skin Care Routine Tips For Sensitive Skin
- When sensitivity outbreaks strike, apply a cool compress to your face for 10 to 15 minutes to help ease some of the redness and swelling. The cold causes blood vessels to constrict and addresses inflammation. Plus, the soothing cool sensation will feel great.
- Remember that natural doesn’t always mean hypoallergenic. You can still react to ingredients found in natural, herbal, botanical and organic skin care products. That’s why it’s important to always look for “hypoallergenic” or “dermatologist-tested” labels on products.
- Every time that you have a reaction to a skin care product, save the bottle! Over time, you’ll be able to compare ingredients and figure out what’s triggering the problem.
Skin Care Routine Tips For Mature Skin
- Massage can help to give your skin a boost by toning the muscles and increasing circulation. You can rub your face with your fingers, purchase a facial massage or cleanse with a battery-operated power cleansing tool to incorporate a little massaging-action into your day.
- Add a vitamin C serum to your regimen to promote a more youthful face. Vitamin C is a wonder for mature complexions, as it offers three different benefits. The vitamin provides raw materials for making collagen, the stuff that keeps skin firm. It also provides antioxidant protection to reduce the risk of wrinkling due to free radicals in UV. Plus, the nutrient brightens your skin, giving it a healthy glow.
- See a dermatologist. If you’re over the age of 45 and concerned about wrinkles, make an appointment to see a dermatologist. A professional can recommend the right products for your needs. Plus, you’ll get a skin cancer checkup from head to toe, something everyone should have regularly when they reach middle age. After all, skin cancer is the most frequently diagnosed form of cancer among women!
Trying out the skin care routine tips and tricks above is your ticket to having healthier skin no matter what type it is. Remember that it is important to know how to take good care of your skin in all seasons. Read also our cold season skincare tips and learn how to protect your skin during winter. Do you have any skin care tips and tricks that you’d like to share? We’d love to read them! Post them in the “Comments” section.